So Very Very Sad...... :(

Since I just got back on the groups not too long ago, I don't know if
this link is old new... http://arcademachine.tripod.com/barn/barn.htm

Was going through websites and came across this page. Not sure how old
it is. But its sad to see something like this. And even more sad that
I didn't live close enough to where this happen. Would have loved to
pick a bunch of these up.

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

Yeah, I've seen that before, very sad indeed.

Here's some pics of a raid a had a three of years ago.
Some rare titles, all the cabinets were badly water damaged be on repair.
To my surprise, every one of these games worked great!
only the klax was missing the monitor, but boards/PS worked.
And I got a hell of a deal on them and met a great connection.
He even delivered them to my driveway of free.
He was afraid they would fall apart on me if I moved them.
He told me that at one time there was 50 of these games rotted.
One of his fellow OP's had them rotting in a backyard for years.
three star wars cockpits, etc.. tons of rare titles.
When he moved them from the backyard, most of them just fell apart.
Wish a had met him sooner.
Nice parts cash for me.

There was a family of dead cats/kittens in the timber, the bottom of the
cabinet was nasty.
Had to air the parts out for a while, again it worked great.

http://troysarcade.com/07.17.02/

Troy,

DarkMagister <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Since I just got back on the groups not too long ago, I don't know if
> this link is old new... http://arcademachine.tripod.com/barn/barn.htm
>
> Was going through websites and came across this page. Not sure how old
> it is. But its sad to see something like this. And even more sad that
> I didn't live close enough to where this happen. Would have loved to
> pick a bunch of these up.
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

I just don't understand how the hell someone could just leave them out
in a backyard to rot? I mean, come on.....put them in storage and sell
them...it makes no sense. Did you ask the guy why he did this?

DarkMagister wrote:
> I just don't understand how the hell someone could just leave them
out
> in a backyard to rot? I mean, come on.....put them in storage and
sell
> them...it makes no sense. Did you ask the guy why he did this?

Yeah it defies logic, but it happens everywhere, all the time. I can't
understand how people could leave industrial machinery, car parts,
building materials, etc. outside to get ruined but I see it every day.
Heck the company I work for now has a "junkyard" out back with lots of
REAL NICE welders sitting outside to rot.. some of them only a few
years old! Robotron and Medar panels sitting open with weeds growing
out of them, siezed up rotary turntables and air cylinders.. It is mind
boggling to me how equipment that had to have been in the 5 to 6
figures when it was built, is just sitting out to rot. I guess these
guys just don't know any better.

It is no more surprising to see video games left in this state, but it
is a little sadder to see because people collect and get emotional
about video games. I'm just as emotional about industrial controls but
I think I'm the only one :)

Hey Troy,
Just wondering what you paid for all those games you got in those
pics?

For the guy that has a junkyard ouyt back of where he works. Will they
let you take some of that stuff home or no?

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

$10 a piece, delivered to my driveway.
That was all that was left there at the time.
I go by there once and a while to see that comes in.
He throws his junk out back.
he's always open to selling "the junk out back",he calls it.
The last time he had some junky golden tee's, I wasn't interested in.
he was using them for spare wood parts.
don't know if I'll ever see anymore classics again, from him.
There tough to come by these days, not many coming off location anymore.
But he buys out other OP's once and a while so who knows, never say never.

That reminds me, it's time to pay another visit to see what's up.
It's been a few months, think I'll drive over there in the next couple of
days.

> Hey Troy,
> Just wondering what you paid for all those games you got in those
> pics?
>

> For the guy that has a junkyard ouyt back of where he works. Will they
> let you take some of that stuff home or no?

Yeah....have to remember that if i ever have to store a game.... :)