The Best PC Case At Computex, from SilverStone

Status
Not open for further replies.

compulsionnra

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
That's kind've interesting. Although it looks like all they really did is put more fans on the back of a case and turn it on it's back.

gimpy1

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2008
The Fortress has a Mac Pro feel to it, with that air inlet at the bottom.

I think it looks good. I'm not so sure about that CPU cooler, but that is easily remedied.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]frenchy[/nom]How about a picture of the top of the case? That was one of the main features of the case right?[/citation]
for sure... I was thinking the same thing.

Is there something that covers my unsightly 34543 connectors now showing on top ?

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
I've been modding cases for a while to achieve one directional air flow from buttom to top (2x120mm fans at the buttom, 2x120mm fans at top panel -incliding the PSU fan if top mounted-, sealing every other hole). I wished some company to finally do it, but I didn't imagine rotating the mobo 90 degrees, although it may aid cooling, but cables spurring from the top of the case will look so ugly.

philpot2005

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Sorry for the double post. This case is very well designed, and the cable management setup is simple but looks awesome! If this case is lighter than my Tt Kandalf case I might have to bite the bullet and buy it if it comes out.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
[citation][nom]philpot2005[/nom]Looks like there will be a top cover that hides the cables and routes them out to the rear of the case.[/citation]
Then we'll probably need very long cables for the mouse, keyboard, monitor and UPS ...

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I'm beginning to wonder how many other people reading this article are aware of the Raven case Silverstone introduced a while back. Nothing new here except the CPU cooler and a more simplistic exterior case design. Well OK, so the layout is a little different, but it's got the same principle of rotating the mobo 90°. This probably implements the idea better, though.

G

I've always wanted to know why cards are upside down....maybe it's time for a complete new design change in Mobos???

armandomtnz

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
I Always said that the they should turn the names in the cards!!
Not necesary now
and you can use the pc as a vacuum cleaner too jeje

Status
Not open for further replies.