POLL:Worst Game Ever Made?

I'm thinking SpyHunter II?

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Atari Vindicators! AWFUL! I had one that was perfect....sold for
$100.00.

Wow...

My Lair cabinet is one of my very favorites (though admittedly I don't
play it much.)

My vote, hands down, is Pit-Fighter.

DarkMagister wrote:
> I'm thinking SpyHunter II?
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

worst game play or worst game to keep running?
Pole position is the worst to keep running.
Pong as worst game play, not much there. just back in forth

Troy,

DarkMagister <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> I'm thinking SpyHunter II?
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Do you mean as far as mechanically (having frequent repairs), or
quality of game play?
I think some people would say that Dragon's Lair fits into both of
those categories quite nicely. I didn't
'hate' DL, but it certainly is not one of my favs. I know that they
broke down a lot though.

DarkMagister wrote:
> I'm thinking SpyHunter II?
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

mark

Dragons Lair.Worst game play ever made.Biggest hype of a game ever.Not a
classic in my book.
"The Broken Token" <admin@brokentoken.com> wrote in message
> My vote, hands down, is Pit-Fighter.
>

> DarkMagister wrote:
>> I'm thinking SpyHunter II?
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Yie-Ar-Kung-Fu.

Renegade.

Vigilante.

WWF Superstars.

Mat Mania.

Tag Team Wrestling.

Ironically, however, many of these games were actually huge earners during
their production runs, mostly due to being cost-effective kits, where even
if they only brought about 2-3K of revenue, they justified their $500-600
purchase price.

These titles I think also just naturally have the wrath of folks because
we've all seen our share of say, Tempests, or Robotrons, converted to Mat
Mania or Vigilante, and it's just human instinct for your blood to boil when
you see such a horrible sacriledge :)

"DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> I'm thinking SpyHunter II?
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

I'd have to disagree. Pong was and is still very cool. Just not verses
the computer. It also depends on who you play it against. Computer
space, now thats not a good game.

-isaac

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

ok, I'll give you that.
computer space it is.
here we go again,

Troy,

Vizilla <izwalker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'd have to disagree. Pong was and is still very cool. Just not verses
> the computer. It also depends on who you play it against. Computer
> space, now thats not a good game.
>
> -isaac

Although I can appreciate the disdain for Mat Mania due to
single-handedly destroying many classic cabinets, I have to admit that
it is my favorite older game. I must've put food on many operators'
tables thanks to the hundreds of quarters I dumped into Mat
Mania/Exciting Hour conversions over the years.

By the way, I can't stand Operation Wolf. "You are finished.... here."
Blow me.

LOL....

I don't mean to de-value those games, its just being a child of the
late 80's kinda has me jaded to that. I really do appreciate the
classics like asteroids and pac(well asteroids deluxe and ms.pac) What
makes it so cool is that it was fun and still is fun and looks neat
cabinet wise.

-isaac

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Probably why you didn't like it. 1 quarter wasn't enough, it was a .50
game.

- Don

Steve Muccione wrote:
> Dragon's lair...
>
> ewww....
>
> never owned one... never will... dropped 1... count it 1 quarter in
it when
> I was a kid

I found Dragon's Lair a complete bore after I won the game in a matter
of days. Not because it was an LD game - Star Rider (Williams) is one
of my favorite games because it utilized the technology much better.

Marcel

My vote: Tunnel Hunt. Sure it's got some interesting history, but the
absolute simplist most boring graphics and game play ever. Try it on MAME.
I bet you never bother to try it a second time.

Joe

"DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> I'm thinking SpyHunter II?
>
> Mike
> --
> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

mark

Also Trojan is horrible
"Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> My vote: Tunnel Hunt. Sure it's got some interesting history, but the
> absolute simplist most boring graphics and game play ever. Try it on
> MAME. I bet you never bother to try it a second time.
>
> Joe
>
> "DarkMagister" <shadowspawn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> I'm thinking SpyHunter II?
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

mark

When the game Trojan breaks.You just part it out or convert it.
"Gary Vitagliano" <v-dog@webtv.net> wrote in message
> When Trojan breaks your in trouble!

mark

When a real Trojan breaks.You leave town in a hurry.:)
"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message
> When the game Trojan breaks.You just part it out or convert it.
> "Gary Vitagliano" <v-dog@webtv.net> wrote in message
>> When Trojan breaks your in trouble!

I meant worst game play. Anyways...how can you bash Mat Mania? To
this day I think that is the best wrestling game out there. And I hate
Wrestling. I have the game and play it all the time. Now as for the
guy that first stated that he doesn't like DL and that he put a quarter
in it and play it one time and that was it. I think you are lying
since DL was one of the first games that cost you 50 cents to play. So
i have to agree with Don that the reason you didn't like it was cuz ya
couldn't get the game started... :) Of course, I'm not one to talk
since I have never played the Arcade game of it, but i do own the game
on DVD.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

As MARK so eloquently stated:

> Also Trojan is horrible

Hey...I use Trojans and they work fine...a little tight though. :)

--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau

"The original point and click interface is a Smith and Wesson"

OMFG I will fight you.

"dougmanct" <dougmansland@aol.com> wrote in message

> Renegade.

Without a doubt, Rockola's Warp Warp ranks #1 as all time worst game out
there.

Brian