Price Check: Vectorbeam Warrior

What is the going value on a nice 100% working Warrior? Game condition
8 to 9. I don't have one but I would like to and I know where one is. I
would just like to know what the value would be to a collector.

Thanks,
Todd

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I have only seen three of these in the many years I have been looking for
one.
one sold for $2500 on ebay last year, and it did not have the original
joysticks installed, do I passed on it.
the other one a guy wanted $5000 for, I don't think he sold it. the was
kinda water damage, IMO.
the third one, I know an op that has it, but he wont put a price on in at
the moment, go figure.

If anybody out there has a nice all original one they want to sell, email
me.

Troy,

<studiobassist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the going value on a nice 100% working Warrior? Game condition
> 8 to 9. I don't have one but I would like to and I know where one is. I
> would just like to know what the value would be to a collector.
>
> Thanks,
> Todd

I remember seeing one of these in Aladdin's Castle in the Reading, PA mall
in 1980. A few feet away was a Death Race. Those were the days...

Were there really that few of these titles made? Neither of them would be
very convertible to other games.

Timothy

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> I have only seen three of these in the many years I have been looking for
> one.
> one sold for $2500 on ebay last year, and it did not have the original
> joysticks installed, do I passed on it.
> the other one a guy wanted $5000 for, I don't think he sold it. the was
> kinda water damage, IMO.
> the third one, I know an op that has it, but he wont put a price on in at
> the moment, go figure.
>
> If anybody out there has a nice all original one they want to sell, email
> me.
>

> Troy,
>

> <studiobassist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > What is the going value on a nice 100% working Warrior? Game condition
> > 8 to 9. I don't have one but I would like to and I know where one is. I
> > would just like to know what the value would be to a collector.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Todd

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

yeah, both games were very rare, I did see a death race back in the day.
but no warrior, And growing up in Vegas, I was at tons of arcades.

Troy,

Timothy Shiels <timothy_nospam@teleport.com> wrote in message
> I remember seeing one of these in Aladdin's Castle in the Reading, PA mall
> in 1980. A few feet away was a Death Race. Those were the days...
>
> Were there really that few of these titles made? Neither of them would be
> very convertible to other games.
>
> Timothy
>

> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> > I have only seen three of these in the many years I have been looking
for
> > one.
> > one sold for $2500 on ebay last year, and it did not have the original
> > joysticks installed, do I passed on it.
> > the other one a guy wanted $5000 for, I don't think he sold it. the was
> > kinda water damage, IMO.
> > the third one, I know an op that has it, but he wont put a price on in
at
> > the moment, go figure.
> >
> > If anybody out there has a nice all original one they want to sell,
email
> > me.
> >

> > Troy,
> >

> > <studiobassist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > What is the going value on a nice 100% working Warrior? Game condition
> > > 8 to 9. I don't have one but I would like to and I know where one is.
> > > would just like to know what the value would be to a collector.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Todd

When I was researching my book, the (rather broad) range I found was
$1000-$3000. Like Troy said, you don't see many of them--and you'd be
hard pressed to find a WORKING model in the lower end of that price
range. Pretty much a seller's market on a game that rare.

-Dave Ellis
http://www.davesclassicarcade.com

I played one last year at California Extreme. It was great, I think the
joysticks were original as well.

--Chris.

Dave Ellis wrote:
> When I was researching my book, the (rather broad) range I found was
> $1000-$3000. Like Troy said, you don't see many of them--and you'd be
> hard pressed to find a WORKING model in the lower end of that price
> range. Pretty much a seller's market on a game that rare.
>
> -Dave Ellis
> http://www.davesclassicarcade.com

<studiobassist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the going value on a nice 100% working Warrior? Game condition
> 8 to 9. I don't have one but I would like to and I know where one is. I
> would just like to know what the value would be to a collector.

Somebody brought one to the Texas Pinball Festival two years ago, but it was
not turned on and so I guess it wasn't working. I don't know who...

I think Jon (aka Evil Exidy) had one not long ago. I forgot what he got it
for.

Mike
www.habos-arcade.com

"Matt J. McCullar" <mccullar@flash.net> wrote in message

> <studiobassist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What is the going value on a nice 100% working Warrior? Game condition
>> 8 to 9. I don't have one but I would like to and I know where one is. I
>> would just like to know what the value would be to a collector.
>
> Somebody brought one to the Texas Pinball Festival two years ago, but it
> was
> not turned on and so I guess it wasn't working. I don't know who...

my warrior came into my collection quite easily.
i remember looking at it on klov one day and thought that would be a
neat game to have.
a couple of months later, at a warehouse raid, i found one. i have about
$225 in it and that was considered an inflated price due to the contact
person i used to get into the warehouse.
of course, this is old news to some of you, but since were on topic :)

ronald

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003

Thanks Todd :) I looked for a Warrior for a very long time, before I
even knew what 'collecting' was it was one of the first games I could
describe was 'a 3dish knights and swords game' as I couldn't even remember
the name of it at the time. I just knew I wanted one from my memories as
a kid in the 80's. (oddly enough, the games I remember the most from back
then are Centipede, Space Ace, Warrior and Dedicated Major Havoc). So,
after a few years of looking Jeff at Videotopia had an extra that he was
willing to part with, so I bit the money bullet and bought it from him.
Jeff's a good guy and actually brought the thing to my house in his truck
from NJ, nothing but good things to say about him. I've had the game for I
believe about 2 years now, for a while it had some small problems so I
rebuilt the power supply and thanks to Omar Vega's willingness to point out
what the +5 adjustment pot looked like it's been rock solid since :)

Anyway, end of cheesy story..
/brian

"Todd" <Todd@Generalcaulking.com> wrote in message
> yep, that is Brian Jones Warrior machine, I've played it, and like most
> of his stuff , it is extremely nice. Todd
>

> emailgsr@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Here is one....check out the game to the left of the Qbert.....Not
>> mine.
>>

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6166836911&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>>
>> Garry

Fixed one for a guy in Cleveland about 7 years ago. Can't help
but wonder where it's migrated to since then...

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

Troy wrote:
> > the other one a guy wanted $5000 for, I don't think he sold it. the
was
> kinda water damage, IMO.

If you are referring to the one I had on ebay, it sold for about $3k.
+/- $200. I can't recall if it was plus shipping or shipping included.
I haven't thought about video games for quite some time

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

what was the one.