static/dynamic IP address

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

My static IP address will shortly be changed to a dynamic address. I assume
that when that happens I will need to change my settings. I could do it in
win98 but can't seem to find path to card in XP.
Steer me please.
Mel

Go to Control Panel -> Network Connections.
Right click on the icon for your internet connection and select
Properties from the drop down menu.
On the General page, highlight TCP/IP and click on the Properties
button.
On the General page of Internet Protocol Properties, select
"Obtain an IP address automatically".
Click OK twice.

--
Nepatsfan
"shakey" <shakey@sonic.net> wrote in message
> My static IP address will shortly be changed to a dynamic
> address. I assume that when that happens I will need to change
> my settings. I could do it in win98 but can't seem to find path
> to card in XP.
> Steer me please.
> Mel

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Thank you Nepatsfan-It was a couple of layers deeper than I had looked. All
set now.
Mel