Stucked!!! Appear and dissapear...

How this happened I don't know, but now, when I turn on my pc, after I put my
password and log on, and the icons at the desktop are loaded, the icons ad
the desktop and the taskbar all dissapear for one or two seconds after one or
two seconds after they appeared, as if the computer is going to turn on, and
after two or three seconds, the icons and the taskbar appear again, and after
one or two second they dissappear again, and this keeps going on... It is so
quick that I can't do anything in the computer but turn it off again (by
restarting w/ the manual switch and then turning off)

>How, and why this happens?
>Is there another action I can take to resolve this problem that is not formatting?
4 answers Last reply
More about stucked dissapear

    In news:A258AA6A-972B-45E3-B39C-159C652BEBAF@microsoft.com,
    Cristian <Cristian@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > How this happened I don't know, but now, when I turn on my pc, after
    > I put my password and log on, and the icons at the desktop are
    > loaded, the icons ad the desktop and the taskbar all dissapear for
    > one or two seconds after one or two seconds after they appeared, as
    > if the computer is going to turn on, and after two or three seconds,
    > the icons and the taskbar appear again, and after one or two second
    > they dissappear again, and this keeps going on... It is so quick that
    > I can't do anything in the computer but turn it off again (by
    > restarting w/ the manual switch and then turning off)
    >
    >> How, and why this happens?
    >> Is there another action I can take to resolve this problem that is
    >> not formatting?

    This is USUALLY a sign of explorer.exe crashing over and over again and this
    is typically caused by malware. The following is a bunch of gibberish but if
    you read it through to the end and try it you might find it works. Note: Pay
    attention to the reading through to the end part and to the safe mode bit.

    Virus:
    www.grisoft.com - AVG
    www.antivir.com - AntiVir
    http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - CA eTrust

    Spyware:
    www.lavasoft.de - AdAware
    http://security.kolla.de/ - Spybot
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx -
    Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta

    Trojan:
    www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/ - a Squared
    http://swatit.org/ Swat It

    Before cleaning download this:

    LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks:
    http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

    Use that should cleaning out your PC remove or damage your in-place winsock
    and you can't connect to the internet.

    From the virus and trojan category pick one application, they're all free,
    download it and install it. Make sure that you update it. From the spyware
    category pick all three, download them and update them to the latest
    definitions. Reboot, press the F8 key over and over again, from the menu
    select Safe mode without networking. Do your cleaning in there. Reboot to
    regular mode and run the scans again. This isn't going to be quick or easy
    but it might just solve your problems and it should prevent you from further
    problems so long as you keep them updated and scan often. Most of them can
    be enabled to update and scan automatically.

    Galen

    Yeah, but the catch is that, as Galen said, explorer keeps crashing over and
    over, making me with no choce after I log on but turn the pc off again... If
    what I am asking is not too much:

    >I tried to reboot and logon with safe mode, but I keep pressing F8, what appear is a menu choosing "Choose Drive to Boot" (w/ three options, the floppy disk, the hd and the cd), and I simply can't log on in safe mode. How come I can't enter in safe mode? My HD can be saved?

    >More importantly, it appears to me that formatting the corrupted HD (divided in C: and D:, using XP professional) is the best chioce, but as Galen said, the problem could be caused by a trojan/malware/virus/etc. And I would like to save the most important documents that I have inside (personal photos, important essays, etc, in both C: and D:). It is safe to cut (or copy) all the files I want from the corrupted HD to another HD? (E:, which would be the master slave during the process of recopying; uses Windows ME). And after formatting and re-installing XP, it would be safe to me to pass all these files again from E: to C: and D:?)

    Notes:
    1 - My norton anti virus had decteted a trojan one week before the problem
    in the HD happened, but was unabled to delete it and I had done a complete
    and full scanning using Ad-ware SE Personal, of Lavasoft, and they decteted
    trojan, but was unable to remove them...
    2 - The trojan happens to be located somewhere inside "documents and
    settings", in C:, probably, inside the "local settings" folder. Lots of
    important files I want to save happen to be in the "my documents" folder.

    Sorry if I am asking too much... I would be really pleased if someone helped
    me in resolving these questions.
    --
    Cristian

    ---------------

    "Galen" wrote:

> [...]

    Notes:
    1 - My norton anti virus had decteted a trojan one week before the problem
    in the HD happened, but was unabled to delete it and I had done a complete
    and full scanning using Ad-ware SE Personal, of Lavasoft, and they decteted
    trojan, but was unable to remove them...
    2 - The trojan happens to be located somewhere inside "documents and
    settings", in C:, probably, inside the "local settings" folder. Lots of
    important files I want to save happen to be in the "my documents" folder.

    Sorry if I am asking too much... I would be really pleased if someone helped
    me in offering me a hint or tip to resolve these questions.
    --
    Cristian

    ------------

    In news:13671AAD-C06A-4041-A5DA-022F259BD907@microsoft.com,
    Cristian <Cristian@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Yeah, but the catch is that, as Galen said, explorer keeps crashing
    > over and over, making me with no choce after I log on but turn the pc
    > off again... If what I am asking is not too much:

    I can help with that too. :) Start > Run > MSCONFIG <-- type that...

    Select on the first tab "Diagnostic Startup"

    (Reverse this process when you're done.)

    Galen

Icons Windows XP