TECH: Smash T.V. Dedicated

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can someone verify the monitor connector on a dedicated Smash T.V. for me?
I am having a hell of a time trying to sync the monitor.

For the life of me, I cannot remember if I modified the conenctor to work
on another monitor. What I have on my STV connector is:

R|G|B|(shielding / ground)|Hsync|empty

The K7000 chassis has:

R|G|B|Ground|Hsync|Vsync ground|-Hsync|-Vsync

Thanks!

-Tom

It looks like the connector is setup for positive sync. Smash tv is jamma
and uses negative csync.
Connect it like this and you should be good.

R|G|B|Ground|Hsync|Vsync ground|-Hsync|-Vsync
* * * * *

"Tom" <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone verify the monitor connector on a dedicated Smash T.V. for me?
> I am having a hell of a time trying to sync the monitor.
>
> For the life of me, I cannot remember if I modified the conenctor to work
> on another monitor. What I have on my STV connector is:

> The K7000 chassis has:

> Thanks!
>
> -Tom

Formatting gets me every time. Connect the sync wire to -HSync (not ground)

"Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
> It looks like the connector is setup for positive sync. Smash tv is jamma
> and uses negative csync.
> Connect it like this and you should be good.

> * * * * *
>
> "Tom" <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone verify the monitor connector on a dedicated Smash T.V. for
>> me?
>> I am having a hell of a time trying to sync the monitor.
>>
>> For the life of me, I cannot remember if I modified the conenctor to work
>> on another monitor. What I have on my STV connector is:

>> The K7000 chassis has:

>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Tom

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you. That did the trick. Now I know how I modified my connector!!

Regards,
Tom