TECH: Smash T.V. Dedicated

Can someone verify the monitor connector on a dedicated Smash T.V. for me?
I am having a hell of a time trying to sync the monitor.

For the life of me, I cannot remember if I modified the conenctor to work
on another monitor. What I have on my STV connector is:

R|G|B|(shielding / ground)|Hsync|empty

The K7000 chassis has:

R|G|B|Ground|Hsync|Vsync ground|-Hsync|-Vsync

Thanks!

-Tom
3 answers Last reply
More about tech smash dedicated

    It looks like the connector is setup for positive sync. Smash tv is jamma
    and uses negative csync.
    Connect it like this and you should be good.

    R|G|B|Ground|Hsync|Vsync ground|-Hsync|-Vsync
    * * * * *

    "Tom" <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone verify the monitor connector on a dedicated Smash T.V. for me?
    > I am having a hell of a time trying to sync the monitor.
    >
    > For the life of me, I cannot remember if I modified the conenctor to work
    > on another monitor. What I have on my STV connector is:

    > The K7000 chassis has:

    > Thanks!
    >
    > -Tom

    Formatting gets me every time. Connect the sync wire to -HSync (not ground)

    "Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > It looks like the connector is setup for positive sync. Smash tv is jamma
    > and uses negative csync.
    > Connect it like this and you should be good.

    > * * * * *
    >
    > "Tom" <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Can someone verify the monitor connector on a dedicated Smash T.V. for
    >> me?
    >> I am having a hell of a time trying to sync the monitor.
    >>
    >> For the life of me, I cannot remember if I modified the conenctor to work
    >> on another monitor. What I have on my STV connector is:

    >> The K7000 chassis has:

    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> -Tom

    Thank you. That did the trick. Now I know how I modified my connector!!

    Regards,
    Tom

    > Formatting gets me every time. Connect the sync wire to -HSync (not
    > ground)
    >
    > "Jason Souza" <jsouza@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> It looks like the connector is setup for positive sync. Smash tv is
    >> jamma and uses negative csync.
    >> Connect it like this and you should be good.

    >> * * * * *
    >>
    >> "Tom" <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Can someone verify the monitor connector on a dedicated Smash T.V.
    >>> for me?
    >>> I am having a hell of a time trying to sync the monitor.
    >>>
    >>> For the life of me, I cannot remember if I modified the conenctor to
    >>> work on another monitor. What I have on my STV connector is:

    >>> The K7000 chassis has:

    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> -Tom

Games Video Monitors Video Games