ASUS V9980 Ultra Error

mianthemerciless

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I have the ASUS V9980U video card, for some reason when ever I play the game called Medal of Honor Spearhead game I get the following error message:

.unloading OpenGL DLL
...assuming '3dfxvgl' is a standalone driver
...initializing QGL
...WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
...shutting down QGL
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I've got directx9 installed and the latest drivers have been downloaded from ASUS and Nvida, only tis time the game shuts itself down. The problem I have is that I have another machine with dual AMD MP processors and a GEForce4 4400TI card by Creatives. I have installed the game in the exactly the same way as I installed the game on my new machine and I believe its to do with the drivers that ASUS has supplied or a compatibly issue with the nvida drivers. The game called "medal of Honour" is a well known game, produced by "EA Games". I have used this game over and over again, without any problems.

I need help!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mianthemerciless on 04/20/04 07:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

lik

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004
I've had that kind of problems when using asus driveres with my fx. When I chaged them to nvidia's one the problem disapeard. Use a cleaner to be shure that they are all gone.

P4-2800->FSB800, Asus P4P800, 512DDR-400, Radeon 9800 Pro - 128Mb