Reassigning a troublesome keyboard shortcut

Nikki

Hi Folks!

I have a problem that I would hope someone could help me with.

I am using Windows XP Home. I have assigned the keyboard combination
"Alt+Shift+PageUp" to a shortcut on my desktop to run a script. Normally
when I want to reassign this keyboard combination to another shortcut on my
desktop, I would first reset the key combination set to the old desktop
shortcut to "none", before reassigning the combination to the new shortcut.
This appears necessary to prevent conflicts with keyboard shortcuts in
Windows.

Unfortunately I forgot to clear or reset the combination from the desktop
shortcut before I deleted the shortcut some weeks ago, and I now am unable
to reassign the keyboard combination to a new shortcut. Windows still seems
to act as if the keyboard combination shortcut is still assigned to the old
desktop shortcut and is not allowing me to assign the keyboard combination
to a new shortcut. This is so even though the old desktop shortcut is now
deleted.

This problem seems most applicable to the Page Up key and when the Shift +
Alt key combination is assigned as a keyboard shortcut. This problem does
not appear with regular keys or with the Ctrl + Alt + Page Up combination
when an old desktop shortcut is deleted.

I would like to know how to fix this so I could reassign this keyboard
combination to another shortcut, failing that, I would like to know where
Windows associates shortcut key combinations to specific desktop shortcuts
in the registry or elsewhere in windows so I could try to disassociate any
connection to the old desktop shortcut.

Thanks!
Nikki

Byte