File Downlod Box Gone

I am looking for a way to restore the file download box for .csv files in IE.
I mean the one that is turned off when you 'untick' the "always ask before
opening this type of file" box. I have looked through a lot of web sites that
say to go to Explorer, Tools, FOlder Options, File Types, select .csv and
then tick the Advanced tab, but none of these options help the issue (all
csv's now open in Excel instead of giving the option to Run or Save).

Any help will be most appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about file downlod gone

    My Computer, Tools menu, Options, File Types, highlight the filetype, click Advanced. Put a check in "Confirm open after download"

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Shaun McLoughlin" <Shaun McLoughlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am looking for a way to restore the file download box for .csv files in IE.
    > I mean the one that is turned off when you 'untick' the "always ask before
    > opening this type of file" box. I have looked through a lot of web sites that
    > say to go to Explorer, Tools, FOlder Options, File Types, select .csv and
    > then tick the Advanced tab, but none of these options help the issue (all
    > csv's now open in Excel instead of giving the option to Run or Save).
    >
    > Any help will be most appreciated.

    Thankyou for your reply Mark, but as i mentioned in my original post this has
    allready been suggested to us, but it makes no difference. We can repeat this
    on 3 mahcine running XP SP2. Any furhter information would be appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Shaun

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > My Computer, Tools menu, Options, File Types, highlight the filetype, click Advanced. Put a check in "Confirm open after download"
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "Shaun McLoughlin" <Shaun McLoughlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am looking for a way to restore the file download box for .csv files in IE.
    > > I mean the one that is turned off when you 'untick' the "always ask before
    > > opening this type of file" box. I have looked through a lot of web sites that
    > > say to go to Explorer, Tools, FOlder Options, File Types, select .csv and
    > > then tick the Advanced tab, but none of these options help the issue (all
    > > csv's now open in Excel instead of giving the option to Run or Save).
    > >
    > > Any help will be most appreciated.

Internet Explorer CSV Windows XP