radeon IGP 345M crashing

i have a radeon IGP 345M in my hp pavillion ze5500 laptop, with 64Mb of vid. mem. lately, its been crashing alot. i havent changed the driver or anything. im running the factory driver that came with it on the cd. i reinstalled xp an few months ago but it still happens. when it happens, the screen just freezes up, nothing moves, then i hear a bios beep, then its just locked up. i hafta hold down the power button to shut it off; then when its back up it says the system has recovered from a serious error blah blah blah

any ideas?

thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about radeon 345m crashing
  1. First step would be to download the newest driver and install it.

2. i tried to; ATI doesnt provide downloads, and HP doesnt either. ATI says get drivers from HP, HP says use the ones off ur disk...
  3. Ouch.
    Well, the best thing about an HP is the warranty, I'd take it back and make 'em fix it or get you a new one.

4. lol@ati.

fleabay it
    sounds like your going to have more trouble in the future with it being undersupported.

Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Radeon Graphics