TECH: Galaga display inversed/mirror image

I just finished re-capping my upright Galaga machine. Now, the screen
is displaying a mirror image of everything. Not an upside-down image,
but a mirror image. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Steve

check to see if you plugged the deflection coil wires in properly....might
have reversed them.....
most likely what has happened......
al

"zap777" <steve_zap777@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I just finished re-capping my upright Galaga machine. Now, the screen
> is displaying a mirror image of everything. Not an upside-down image,
> but a mirror image. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
>
> Steve

Al, FYI: here is a reply I just left in the other group:

Thanks Pat. I spoke with a Zanen tech who told me the same thing about

the yellow/green wires. Anyway, you know what the problem was? me. I
did a dumb thing by connecting the yellow/green connector backwards.
It is actually pretty funny that I was super careful with the whole
re-cap process, checking - double-checking - triple-checking(!)
polarity, etc. and I even saw the color specs on the PCB but somehow
put it in reverse. I was pretty tired while doing everything last
night anyway!

I was also a little thrown off by seeing thin white lines going from
top to bottom of the display (which I now know to be retrace lines'),
and some visible arcing that occurred near the flyback. Thought I had
messed something up when doing the recap so I was bummed last night.

Anyway, I reversed the connector and that corrected the mirror image,
turned down the brightness (on the flyback) a notch and got rid of the
retrace lines, and I'll assume for now that the arcing has something to

do with this monitor's (WG K7000) auto de-gauss functionality. It
arced like a bandit when I first powered-up, but no longer does.

The monitor is now LIKE NEW! Bright, colorful, great contrast (I had
also replaced the contrast POT since there was a hairline crack on the
original that prevented the switch from functioning). It just looks
beautiful and can compete with any brand spankin' new monitor out
there. Wells really did a fine manufacturing job on this baby.

Going to play a game now (or just stare at the screen) :)

Steve