TECH: Galaga display inversed/mirror image

I just finished re-capping my upright Galaga machine. Now, the screen
is displaying a mirror image of everything. Not an upside-down image,
but a mirror image. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Steve
2 answers Last reply
More about tech galaga display inversed mirror image

    check to see if you plugged the deflection coil wires in properly....might
    have reversed them.....
    most likely what has happened......
    al

    "zap777" <steve_zap777@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I just finished re-capping my upright Galaga machine. Now, the screen
    > is displaying a mirror image of everything. Not an upside-down image,
    > but a mirror image. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
    >
    > Steve

    Al, FYI: here is a reply I just left in the other group:

    Thanks Pat. I spoke with a Zanen tech who told me the same thing about

    the yellow/green wires. Anyway, you know what the problem was? me. I
    did a dumb thing by connecting the yellow/green connector backwards.
    It is actually pretty funny that I was super careful with the whole
    re-cap process, checking - double-checking - triple-checking(!)
    polarity, etc. and I even saw the color specs on the PCB but somehow
    put it in reverse. I was pretty tired while doing everything last
    night anyway!

    I was also a little thrown off by seeing thin white lines going from
    top to bottom of the display (which I now know to be retrace lines'),
    and some visible arcing that occurred near the flyback. Thought I had
    messed something up when doing the recap so I was bummed last night.

    Anyway, I reversed the connector and that corrected the mirror image,
    turned down the brightness (on the flyback) a notch and got rid of the
    retrace lines, and I'll assume for now that the arcing has something to

    do with this monitor's (WG K7000) auto de-gauss functionality. It
    arced like a bandit when I first powered-up, but no longer does.

    The monitor is now LIKE NEW! Bright, colorful, great contrast (I had
    also replaced the contrast POT since there was a hairline crack on the
    original that prevented the switch from functioning). It just looks
    beautiful and can compete with any brand spankin' new monitor out
    there. Wells really did a fine manufacturing job on this baby.

    Going to play a game now (or just stare at the screen) :)

    Steve

Mirror Video Games Displays