Solved

What gaming laptop should I get? $1400 budget

Im looking for a gaming laptop for playing games like BF3 and Skyrim without lag. Good videocard, maybe around 6-8 GB of ram, i7 processer. Preferably a 15 inch screen or bigger. Thanks!
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what gaming laptop 1400 budget
  1. Budget?
  2. Maziar said:
    Budget?

It says $1400 in the title.
  3. I am assuming you want the gaming laptop because you wont be home often and want to play games where ever you are. So I recommend the "Alienware M14x".
    has a core i7, 8GB of RAM, and a 2GB NVIDIA GT 650M GPU, but you can customize it.

I really hope you want a laptop only because you will hardly ever be home, not because you want to lay in bed and play games, because a gaming laptop is a waste of money. You could get a desktop with 2-3x the power for the same price.
  4. Pepto said:
    I am assuming you want the gaming laptop because you wont be home often and want to play games where ever you are. So I recommend the "Alienware M14x".
    has a core i7, 8GB of RAM, and a 2GB NVIDIA GT 650M GPU.

I really hope you want a laptop only because you will hardly ever be home, not because you want to lay in bed and play games, because a gaming laptop is a waste of money. You could get a desktop with 2-3x the power for the same price.

Haha. I'm actually writing this for my friend lol that's that I was telling him to do buy or build a desktop. Is it hard to build a desktop. I've seen newegg video and it seems tough but I thing I could handle it. Anyways could you recommend any desktop for gaming with about the same specifications.

Thanks!
  5. He wants a desktop but his parents don't want him too get one since they already have one but still could you recommend a good desktop pc with about the same specs. We might try to reconvince them with your advice like that
    Its cheaper
  6. Are you sure the alienware is good to buy? I heard you could get gaming laptops same price for different brand but I couldn't seem to find one with good specs. Anyways anyhelp would be good
  7. oops sorry,I was answering too much threads so I didn't read the topic title :D anyway,Sager NP9150/MSI GT60 get my vote
  8. Best answer
    genardas said:
    Are you sure the alienware is good to buy? I heard you could get gaming laptops same price for different brand but I couldn't seem to find one with good specs. Anyways anyhelp would be good

I only recommend alien ware because it has a good warranty.Building a desktop is very simple, but you have to be cautious as the parts are sensitive to static.

But for $1400 you could get a system with:
    Core i5 3570k CPU
    8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM
    GTX680
    Z77 Motherboard with PCI-e 3.0
    OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular Gaming Power Supply
    $80 Full Tower Case
    1TB HDD

or

Core i5 3570k CPU
    8GB of DDR3 1600 RAM
    GTX670
    Corsair H70 all in one water cooler
    Z77 Motherboard with PCI-e 3.0
    OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular Gaming Power Supply
    $80 Full Tower Case
    1TB HDD

These specs listed above are about 2-3x faster than any gaming laptop for your price.

A gaming laptop is not future proof for games. It will start to slow down on newer games in about 2-3 years, a gaming desktop with good specs, like listed above, will last you a good 7-8 years. Laptops are also almost impossible to upgrade after so many years, a desktop can be upgraded ever 2-3 years saving you hundreds of dollars. Laptops overall are just not good for gaming.
  9. Yeah man screw the laptop. Unfortunently my friends parents want to get a laptop so he can use it and incase they o somewhere if they would so they can bring the laptop to use even though they got an iPad... Lol anyways thanks I myself am thinking of selling my macbook pro for about $1100 and building a desktop maybe a hackintosh. Anyways thanks for the help but my friends just said if he has to get a laptop screw it.

Thanks for the help though

Pepto said:
    I only recommend alien ware because it has a good warranty.Building a desktop is very simple, but you have to be cautious as the parts are sensitive to static.

These specs listed above are about 2-3x faster than any gaming laptop for your price.

A gaming laptop is not future proof for games. It will start to slow down on newer games in about 2-3 years, a gaming desktop with good specs, like listed above, will last you a good 7-8 years. Laptops are also almost impossible to upgrade after so many years, a desktop can be upgraded ever 2-3 years saving you hundreds of dollars. Laptops overall are just not good for gaming.
  10. Hi,
    I am also suggesting Dell Alienware. But if you choose a refurbished one you will get a laptop with very best configuration within your budget. Thanks
  11. Best answer selected by genardas.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Gaming