Hi everyone, i'm looking for advice on buying a laptop for gaming and general use! Please, all help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1. What is your budget? ~$1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14-17" Screen
3. What screen resolution do you want? I want 1920 x 1080, but i would be willing to accept a little less.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I want to take this laptop on trips with me, but portability isn't really an issue. As i want a gaming laptop, desktop replacement seems more viable.
5. How much battery life do you need? As i would like it for gaming, battery life isn't a biggy, although 3-4 hours would be nice.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I will be playing all modern games (skyrim, battlefield 3, fifa, diablo 3, etc) so i would like to achieve high settings and native resolution.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) This will be for general use, but with attention to gaming.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Anywhere from 500GB up would be great.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I will look at any site with shipping to New Zealand.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 5 years preferably, i understand its power will decrease, but the ability to play 2012 games on high would be nice (and decreasing to medium/low over the 5 years).
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer is the minimum, although bluray would be a great addition.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Personally i like Alienware because of the aesthetics and dedication to gaming, although i also like ASUS's ROG series, but i'm open to most laptops.
13. What country do you live in? New Zealand. So if the laptop is not avaliable in New Zealand (trademe.co.nz is what i'll most likely use for NZ purchases) shipping and tax must be considered for imports.