Edimax ew-7128g wireless PCI card.....

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of the card above (cheapo one from dabs
;-))? I'm having problems installing it on my cousin's desktop (I am
setting up a wireless lan for them - the rest of it went fine). Basically,
when I put the card in the free PCI slot, (or any other PCI slot for that
matter) it is simply not recognised. I get no message that new hardware has
been installed. I have tried the card on my desktop and it is recognised on
that, so i'm guessing that it is a problem with some sort of conflict with
other hardware on my cousin's PC (running xp home).

Anyone have any advice as to how to solve the problem and get the card
recognised? How do i find out if a conflict is the problem? what do i need
to look for etc? I realise that for someone to help me on here, they'll
probably require more info, which i'd be happy to provide...

thanks people.

c_p / s_g

I just installed one of these on my home PC running XP without any problem.
Try this to troubleshoot the problem:
Run Control Panel / System
Click on the Hardware tab, then Device Manager
You will see a list of all the device types.
Press the + sign next to Network Adaptors and you should see the wireless
card.
Select it and choose Properties, then you can get all the information.

Hope this helps
Dave Hart