Tron cocktail joystick question

Hi there,

Someone recently told me that Tron cocktail sticks are only 4 way
instead of 8 way. Is this true? On my Tron standup, the joystick is
clearly 8 way, but it has a special restricting system that makes it
slightly more difficult to hit the diagonals (and hence easier to play
the lightcycle and tank screens). I haven't played a Tron cocktail
since the last Cal extreme show, so I don't remember..

Thanks,

Jude

They are 8 way. Some people not in the knowledge think just because there
are only 4 contact points, that it is considered a 4 way.