copy to CD-RW not working

HELP! I have a presentation (ppt) and I want to copy it to a CD on which I
already have other presentations. There's plenty of room remaining on the
CD. The CD is a Verbatim DataLife Plus CD-RW 4X-12X speed. When I try to
copy to CD, however, it announces that the CD is read-only and I can't copy
to it. Can someone help? I'm running out of time! (and I don't have another
CD)

Byte

You'll probably have to use a new/blank CD-RW or erase you current one,
which you would not like to do.
Should use a third party app like Nero or Roxio and format the CD-RW,
that way it will be just like a second harddrive. To which you can copy,
paste, add or delete etc. It is called packet writing. You can copy and
paste the PPT file and use the PowerPoint Viewer to view it.
Copying Files to a CD-RW Disc

http://support.uchicago.edu/docs/misc/windows/cdrw/cdrw.html