Warning Message: "Warning! Insufficient bandwidth."

I am running a standalone PC under Win XP and am getting the following
message:

"Warning! Insufficient bandwidth.

Other applications currently occupy the bandwidth. Please close all other
applicatons, then remove the other USB devices. Click OK to continue."

When I click OK the following message appears:

"Please wait while modem is adjusting the USB bandwidth."

Nothing appears to happen and the message is repeated at random times.

When llooking in Device Manager I find thge following:

I only have 1 usb device attached to a fast usb port, my broadband modem yet
the following usb devices are dis[layed under device manager:

Universal Serial Bus controllers
Ali PCI to USB Open Host Controller
Ali PCI to USB Open Host Controller
NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Contrioller
USB Root hub
USB Root hub
USB Root hub
USB Root hub

But I only have one device (an ADSL modem) hooked up to a USB port which
cannot connect!

Any ideas?

Tks in advance.

You should ask in a general networking newsgroup like
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web or contact your Internet Service
Provider since it appears you're using their USB modem. This newsgroup
supports only Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"bazza_k" <bazzak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running a standalone PC under Win XP and am getting the following
> message:
>
> "Warning! Insufficient bandwidth.
>
> Other applications currently occupy the bandwidth. Please close all other
> applicatons, then remove the other USB devices. Click OK to continue."
>
> When I click OK the following message appears:
>
> "Please wait while modem is adjusting the USB bandwidth."
>
> Nothing appears to happen and the message is repeated at random times.
>
> When llooking in Device Manager I find thge following:
>
> I only have 1 usb device attached to a fast usb port, my broadband modem
> yet
> the following usb devices are dis[layed under device manager:
>
> Universal Serial Bus controllers
> Ali PCI to USB Open Host Controller
> Ali PCI to USB Open Host Controller
> NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
> NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller
> Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Contrioller
> USB Root hub
> USB Root hub
> USB Root hub
> USB Root hub
>
> But I only have one device (an ADSL modem) hooked up to a USB port which
> cannot connect!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Tks in advance.

I get the same problem and put it down to the poor quality BT phone line
over which my broadband is carried.

If one of the lights on your ADSL modem is flashing, that shows the phone
line is "out".

Complain to your ISP and they'll raise the issue with BT. It may not work
but you'll feel better for it.