Fido has WAP push too !

Called fido to get the MMS setup information. Instead of sending me a
traditional SMS, they sent me a WAP push !!!

Think of it as the phone getting a message to retreive a specific URL from
their server.

The MMS profile they sent me (in WML format) is nicely done with the ability
to directly "save" it into a connection profile. (for siemens M55). However,
once saved, that original WAP push is sent to the phone's bit bucket (can't
save it elsewhere).

Confirmed that MMS is free until May 15th, billing not yet published.

to save on calls to fido:
APN: mms.fido.ca
IP: 205.151.011.013
Port:9201
(username/password blank)

MMS relay server http://www.fido.ca

I tried sending myself an MSS and it took a few minutes to get back.

The way it works is that you get a notification of a received MMS, some
"header" details and then you decide whether you want to download it or not.

Trying to send an MMS to an email address does generate an error when to try
to send it (unresolvable) so perhaps Fido doesn't yet have an MMS to email gateway.

Now, while they say it may be "free" until May 15th, I am not sure about
whether MMS messages consume from your GPRS option data bank, or whether they
are truly free.

Mine's till June 15th

Buddee.