Tech: Galaga custom chips

I had taken 4 custom chips off my galaga, I bumped into the paper I had them
sitting on, and they fell on the floor, and now I don't remember what order
they went in. They are stamped as follows:

0808
0804
0808
0605

Any way to tell what goes back where? These were located at 2L, 2H, etc.
3 answers Last reply
More about tech galaga custom chips

    If it makes it any easier, all of the chips that start with 08XX will
    interchange with each other.

    Thomas

    "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
    >I had taken 4 custom chips off my galaga, I bumped into the paper I had
    >them
    > sitting on, and they fell on the floor, and now I don't remember what
    > order
    > they went in. They are stamped as follows:
    >
    > 0808
    > 0804
    > 0808
    > 0605
    >
    > Any way to tell what goes back where? These were located at 2L, 2H, etc.

    In article , Chuk says...

    >I had taken 4 custom chips off my galaga, I bumped into the paper I had them
    >sitting on, and they fell on the floor, and now I don't remember what order
    >they went in. They are stamped as follows:
    >
    >0808
    >0804
    >0808
    >0605

    The first two digits are the important numbers, 08 and 06.

    The following link is a pic of a bosco CPU board, which has the same chip
    locations as a galaga board. http://www.jrok.com/sohs/bosco/main_cpu.jpg

    The topmost row are the chip locations you want and the ordering left
    to right is 08 08 08 06

    - James

    ------------------------------
    JrokLand http://www.jrok.com
    ------------------------------

    Chuk <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote:
    : I had taken 4 custom chips off my galaga, I bumped into the paper I had them
    : sitting on, and they fell on the floor, and now I don't remember what order
    : they went in. They are stamped as follows:
    :
    : 0808
    : 0804
    : 0808
    : 0605
    :
    : Any way to tell what goes back where? These were located at 2L, 2H, etc.

    All the 08xx are the same and go in the same row.

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Games Video Video Games