Buying a Laptop for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheshireCatHI

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012
Hey bromangs.

I'm going to Boarding School and I just found out that I can't bring my consoles because I can't bring my tv. I have a Mac and I could get a Capture Card but I have been wanting to move to PC gaming for a long time.

Here is my first question: Can anyone recommend a good build for a new Laptop?

I'm looking anywhere between the $1000 to $2000 range. I have been looking to AMD for a graphics card and I have been looking at a sandy bridge for a processor. I am really new to this so all help is appreciated.

Second Question: What websites should I use to get my PC?

I thought about getting an AlienWare but went on Ibuypower and looked at a couple of models. I'm looking for a 1920x1080 screen.

inanition02

Distinguished

Laptops are difficult if not impossible to build. I'd go with buying one.

inanition02

Distinguished
I've heard good things about Sager in the high-end notebook realm. Looking at their site, you can get an NP9170 (http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_customed&model_name=NP9170 ) with a 17" screen, i7-3610QM, AMD 7970M gpu, 8gb RAM and a 750gb HDD for < $1825.

Alienware and iBuyPower are also good choices.

If you want more help, we'll need to know what kinds of games you intend on playing, if battery life is a concern (if so, the Sager is a poor choice!), and the screen size/weight you're okay with.

CheshireCatHI

Honorable
Jun 24, 2012

I was looking for 15 inches just because I don't want anything Super large. I had a 17" macbook but I returned it. It was too big.

Thanks for your help man!

Status
Not open for further replies.