Sign in with
Your question

Buying a Laptop for Gaming

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
June 24, 2012 3:40:06 PM

Hey bromangs.

I'm going to Boarding School and I just found out that I can't bring my consoles because I can't bring my tv. I have a Mac and I could get a Capture Card but I have been wanting to move to PC gaming for a long time.

Here is my first question: Can anyone recommend a good build for a new Laptop?

I'm looking anywhere between the $1000 to $2000 range. I have been looking to AMD for a graphics card and I have been looking at a sandy bridge for a processor. I am really new to this so all help is appreciated.

Second Question: What websites should I use to get my PC?

I thought about getting an AlienWare but went on Ibuypower and looked at a couple of models. I'm looking for a 1920x1080 screen.

More about : buying laptop gaming

June 24, 2012 3:48:32 PM

CheshireCatHI said:
Hey bromangs.

I'm going to Boarding School and I just found out that I can't bring my consoles because I can't bring my tv. I have a Mac and I could get a Capture Card but I have been wanting to move to PC gaming for a long time.

Here is my first question: Can anyone recommend a good build for a new Laptop?

I'm looking anywhere between the $1000 to $2000 range. I have been looking to AMD for a graphics card and I have been looking at a sandy bridge for a processor. I am really new to this so all help is appreciated.

Second Question: Should I just use a website to get my PC?

I thought about getting an AlienWare but went on Ibuypower and looked at a couple of models. I'm looking for a 1920x1080 screen.

Laptops are difficult if not impossible to build. I'd go with buying one.
m
l
June 24, 2012 3:49:50 PM

Thanks man but the question was more about where and what do I get in it?
m
l
Related resources
June 24, 2012 3:51:44 PM

inanition02 said:
Laptops are difficult if not impossible to build. I'd go with buying one.
I really wanted to know what websites I should use. Thanks.
m
l
June 24, 2012 3:55:05 PM

I've heard good things about Sager in the high-end notebook realm. Looking at their site, you can get an NP9170 (http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_cus... ) with a 17" screen, i7-3610QM, AMD 7970M gpu, 8gb RAM and a 750gb HDD for < $1825.

Alienware and iBuyPower are also good choices.

If you want more help, we'll need to know what kinds of games you intend on playing, if battery life is a concern (if so, the Sager is a poor choice!), and the screen size/weight you're okay with.
m
l
June 24, 2012 5:10:42 PM

inanition02 said:
I've heard good things about Sager in the high-end notebook realm. Looking at their site, you can get an NP9170 (http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_cus... ) with a 17" screen, i7-3610QM, AMD 7970M gpu, 8gb RAM and a 750gb HDD for < $1825.

Alienware and iBuyPower are also good choices.

If you want more help, we'll need to know what kinds of games you intend on playing, if battery life is a concern (if so, the Sager is a poor choice!), and the screen size/weight you're okay with.

I was looking for 15 inches just because I don't want anything Super large. I had a 17" macbook but I returned it. It was too big.

Thanks for your help man!
m
l
!