Cant Restore From DVDs, wont boot

I posted this in the "XP Media Center" Newsgroup's forum, but thought I'd put
a link to it here, too. Any help will be appreciated. I really don't want to
format the C: Drive because I have quite a few documents and photos that I
can't afford to lose. It's a 200 Gig drive, and I've used almost 140 GB
already. At this point, I'll try any ideas. Here's the link to my other post:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter&mid=9b25d3cf-8958-4fe1-b65c-ad6e89d1c7e7

map

"Big_Mack1" wrote:

> I posted this in the "XP Media Center" Newsgroup's forum, but thought I'd put
> a link to it here, too. Any help will be appreciated. I really don't want to
> format the C: Drive because I have quite a few documents and photos that I
> can't afford to lose. It's a 200 Gig drive, and I've used almost 140 GB
> already. At this point, I'll try any ideas. Here's the link to my other post:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter&mid=9b25d3cf-8958-4fe1-b65c-ad6e89d1c7e7

Reading your other post it sounds like you are trying to do a system
recovery from the manufactors supplied cds not a system restore
I don't think this will work with recovery cd's but you might want to give
it a read anyway

Also their are several hits on google that explain the NTLDR is compressed
problem.
http://www.google.as/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-36,GGLD:en&q=NTLDR+is+compressed