Detect a network

I have an MN-500 Base Station and an MN-510 adapter. After a year of flawless
functioning, the MN-510 no longer sees the network. It appears the Base
Station is not transmitting (two PC's connected directly to the Base Station
function properly). Is there a way to determine if the Base Station is
actually transmitting?

Tony Rapson
Tulsa, OK
1 answer Last reply
More about detect network

    Have you restarted the base station lately? Sometimes a couple minutes'
    rest helps them. Don't reset it, just unplug the power with your computers
    down for about three minutes, then power it back up and once the lights are
    all green, start your computers.

    If that doesn't work, you could always just assign a static IP LAN address
    to the MN-510 machine, with the base station as the Gateway, and feed it the
    DNS numbers for your Internet Service Provider.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Tony R" <Tony R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an MN-500 Base Station and an MN-510 adapter. After a year of
    >flawless
    > functioning, the MN-510 no longer sees the network. It appears the Base
    > Station is not transmitting (two PC's connected directly to the Base
    > Station
    > function properly). Is there a way to determine if the Base Station is
    > actually transmitting?
    >
    > Tony Rapson
    > Tulsa, OK

Routers Hardware Microsoft Networking