Using xp home as workstation

April 21, 2005 7:31:03 PM

I am setting up new server using server standard addition, 5 client access
licenses and would like to set up the workstations with xp home. We do not
need remote start or other programs.
will they be compatable.
Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

More about : home workstation

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 1:46:34 AM

The only version of XP that can be joined to a domain is Windows
XP Professional.

You might want to take a look at this article:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosi...

Scroll down to the "Centralized administration" section.

--
Nepatsfan
"Big Al" <BigAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am setting up new server using server standard addition, 5
>client access
> licenses and would like to set up the workstations with xp
> home. We do not
> need remote start or other programs.
> will they be compatable.
> Any info would be helpful.
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 2:06:04 AM

Yes, just beware if you setup a "domain" the XP Home PC's will be able to
use domain resources, but will not be able to join the domain, or
permanently map domain shares.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com