Using xp home as workstation

I am setting up new server using server standard addition, 5 client access
licenses and would like to set up the workstations with xp home. We do not
need remote start or other programs.
will they be compatable.
Any info would be helpful.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about using home workstation

    The only version of XP that can be joined to a domain is Windows
    XP Professional.

    You might want to take a look at this article:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.mspx

    Scroll down to the "Centralized administration" section.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Big Al" <BigAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am setting up new server using server standard addition, 5
    >client access
    > licenses and would like to set up the workstations with xp
    > home. We do not
    > need remote start or other programs.
    > will they be compatable.
    > Any info would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes, just beware if you setup a "domain" the XP Home PC's will be able to
    use domain resources, but will not be able to join the domain, or
    permanently map domain shares.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "Big Al" <BigAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am setting up new server using server standard addition, 5 client access
    > licenses and would like to set up the workstations with xp home. We do not
    > need remote start or other programs.
    > will they be compatable.
    > Any info would be helpful.
    >
    > Thanks