ASUS ATI Radeon 9800 XT TVD

thanstrumf

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2004
I have recently purchased the ASUS ATI RADEON 9800 XT, it quite a pretty good graphics card. Howver i am facing some probs with the temprature of my card. When i am playing games which require a good graphics card such as prince of percia or DEUS x the inviseble war, the temprature of my graphics goes up to 65C. However i don't have a motherboard yet which supports 8x slot VGA, and the smartdoctor, a software programe that watches my graphics card tells me that the AGP vddq voltage should be 3.3v but it 1.53v and i should check this problem with the manufactirer of my motherboard (my motherboard is an ABIT BE7 - RAID. i am wondering weather this high tempratures are sensible with the default settings of the graphic card - that means no overclocking on the VGA- and what should i do with the voltage prob??

Best regards

Dark_angel

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2004
for best solution change the mainboard will be fix the problem.it cause your mainboard do not support agp 8x(3.3 volt).so your radeon 9800 xt will be useless if ur mainboard only run in agp 4x.from agp 4x u can't get the best performance from radeon 9800 xt.Trust me.and u must have a cpu min p4 2.6 or amd.

i use gigabyte 9800 xt with amd athlon xp 2600,512 corsair,gigabyte 7vaxp ultra, raid,agp 8x,using full high detail,and playing game without no lagging.