Unable to open Links

April 22, 2005 12:04:42 PM

Hi Guys,
A bit of help please, I have MS Outlook 6, whenever I get an email with a
URL link on it, I am unable to open it up. I have to copy and paste the
link to IE. Is there a setting I need to enable/disable so I can open the
links from OE6. Advice much appreciated
Regards and Thanks
Bob

More about : unable open links

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 12:04:43 PM

Hi Bob

Try this:

From Start>Run type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
click on 'Reset Web Settings'.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys,
> A bit of help please, I have MS Outlook 6, whenever I get an email with a
> URL link on it, I am unable to open it up. I have to copy and paste the
> link to IE. Is there a setting I need to enable/disable so I can open the
> links from OE6. Advice much appreciated
> Regards and Thanks
> Bob
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 12:05:18 AM

Will,
Followed your instruction but still will not open the links, it seem to
start after I download the latest updates
Regards
Bob

news:o YB%23oGtRFHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Bob
>
> Try this:
>
> From Start>Run type
>
> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>
> then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
> click on 'Reset Web Settings'.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Guys,
>> A bit of help please, I have MS Outlook 6, whenever I get an email with a
>> URL link on it, I am unable to open it up. I have to copy and paste the
>> link to IE. Is there a setting I need to enable/disable so I can open the
>> links from OE6. Advice much appreciated
>> Regards and Thanks
>> Bob

April 23, 2005 12:05:19 AM

Hi Bob

Try typing each of the following from Start>Run

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 shdocvw.dll

--

> Will,
> Followed your instruction but still will not open the links, it seem to
> start after I download the latest updates
> Regards
> Bob

> news:o YB%23oGtRFHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Bob
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> From Start>Run type
>>
>> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
>>
>> then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
>> click on 'Reset Web Settings'.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Guys,
>>> A bit of help please, I have MS Outlook 6, whenever I get an email with
>>> a URL link on it, I am unable to open it up. I have to copy and paste
>>> the link to IE. Is there a setting I need to enable/disable so I can
>>> open the links from OE6. Advice much appreciated
>>> Regards and Thanks
>>> Bob

April 23, 2005 3:49:02 AM

Hi Bob and Will,

I have same problem. Tried solutions - still not working. Caused by SP2
update.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
>
> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Will,
> > Followed your instruction but still will not open the links, it seem to
> > start after I download the latest updates
> > Regards
> > Bob
> >
> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > news:o YB%23oGtRFHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >> Hi Bob
> >>
> >> Try this:
> >>
> >> From Start>Run type
> >>
> >> regsvr32 urlmon.dll
> >>
> >> then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options>Programs and
> >> click on 'Reset Web Settings'.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 11:13:25 AM

Hi,
This is a strange one tried typing in the commands, they both say success,
but still unable to open links
Regards
Bob

"JohnL" <JohnL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bob and Will,
>
> I have same problem. Tried solutions - still not working. Caused by SP2
> update.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob
>>
>> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
>>
>> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
>> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Will,
>> > Followed your instruction but still will not open the links, it seem to
>> > start after I download the latest updates
>> > Regards
>> > Bob
>> >
>> > "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> > news:o YB%23oGtRFHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
April 24, 2005 11:13:26 AM

Hi

Try these:

regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll

Failing that, please try the Outlook Express News Group:

or
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--

> Hi,
> This is a strange one tried typing in the commands, they both say success,
> but still unable to open links
> Regards
> Bob
>
> "JohnL" <JohnL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Bob and Will,
>>
>> I have same problem. Tried solutions - still not working. Caused by SP2
>> update.
>>
>> "Will Denny" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bob
>>>
>>> Try typing each of the following from Start>Run
>>>
>>> regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
>>> regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "BH2" <furness850@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 7:27:04 PM

I run Internet explorer and use outlook express for my email. I am unable to
open URL's. I have tried changing my security already.
--
nurse

!