Plug and Play Problem

My Dell Inspiron 8200 running XP Professional with SP-2 no longer detects my
Nikon CoolPix camera when I connect it via USB to download pictures. My
wife's identical laptop detects the camera and downloads pictures just fine.
Any ideas about what the problem and solution might be?
3 answers Last reply
More about plug play problem

    You could try disconnecting All USB devices. Then rt clicking
    MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers. Rt
    click on each
    one and choose Uninstall. Restart and let XP reinstall them. Reconnect
    the Devices

    "Boone" <Boone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Dell Inspiron 8200 running XP Professional with SP-2 no longer detects
    > my
    > Nikon CoolPix camera when I connect it via USB to download pictures. My
    > wife's identical laptop detects the camera and downloads pictures just
    > fine.
    > Any ideas about what the problem and solution might be?

    Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but the computer still doesn't
    detect the camera. All other devices reinstalled without a problem. Any
    other ideas?

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > You could try disconnecting All USB devices. Then rt clicking
    > MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers. Rt
    > click on each
    > one and choose Uninstall. Restart and let XP reinstall them. Reconnect
    > the Devices
    >

    > "Boone" <Boone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My Dell Inspiron 8200 running XP Professional with SP-2 no longer detects
    > > my
    > > Nikon CoolPix camera when I connect it via USB to download pictures. My
    > > wife's identical laptop detects the camera and downloads pictures just
    > > fine.
    > > Any ideas about what the problem and solution might be?

    Did the Nikon come with a Installation CD or Floppy with USB driver on
    it? If yes, try reinstalling it.
    "Boone" <Boone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My Dell Inspiron 8200 running XP Professional with SP-2 no longer detects
    > my
    > Nikon CoolPix camera when I connect it via USB to download pictures. My
    > wife's identical laptop detects the camera and downloads pictures just
    > fine.
    > Any ideas about what the problem and solution might be?

Plug And Play Windows XP