Champs League

What odds would you have got on Liverpool being the only English team to win
in the first leg of the first knockout stage?

Only saw Arsenal v Bayern, and they certainly didn't merit getting anything
from the game, but how did Chelsea and Man Utd play?

--
http://www.fmaddict.net
5 answers Last reply

    "FMaddict" <someone@somewhereelse.com> wrote in

    > What odds would you have got on Liverpool being the only English
    > team to win in the first leg of the first knockout stage?
    >
    > Only saw Arsenal v Bayern, and they certainly didn't merit getting
    > anything from the game, but how did Chelsea and Man Utd play?

    I watche the United game, obviously, and it was very even. United had
    the best of the chances while Milan seemed to boss the pace and
    tempo. However, another goalkeeping error has cost us at least a
    draw, at a time when we were beginning to dominate the game too.

    United and Arsenal need to take a serious look at their 'keeper
    problem in the summer. Niemi to come to OT, with any luck. A top
    goalkeeper that I am certain will do will.

    Bloody Roy...

    --
    PG

    FMaddict wrote:

    > What odds would you have got on Liverpool being the only English team to win
    > in the first leg of the first knockout stage?

    I predicted only Liverpool would win. :-)

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Interpol - Leif Erikson

    Em Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:12:29 -0000, FMaddict <someone@somewhereelse.com>
    escreveu:

    > What odds would you have got on Liverpool being the only English team to
    > win
    > in the first leg of the first knockout stage?
    >
    > Only saw Arsenal v Bayern, and they certainly didn't merit getting
    > anything
    > from the game, but how did Chelsea and Man Utd play?

    to me Chelsea was ok until Drogba was wrongly expelled.
    then we built two lines of 4 players and waited for the turn around.
    even so I'm glad we've all the chances to beat them at SB.

    --
    The Brazilian Man
    * before complaining about my post, just realise you have the option of

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:12:29 -0000, "FMaddict"
    <someone@somewhereelse.com> wrote:

    >What odds would you have got on Liverpool being the only English team to win
    >in the first leg of the first knockout stage?

    They were lucky to play against a Leverkusen side that can't even beat
    East Stirling away.

    >Only saw Arsenal v Bayern, and they certainly didn't merit getting anything
    >from the game, but how did Chelsea and Man Utd play?

    Man Utd is out of the competition, end of story. Chelsea still has
    some chances, but they were playing like panathinaikos does on away
    games. Especially in the second half everyone was in Chelsea's box.
    Throughout the game Barca had 34 final attempts and Chelsea 2. That
    says it all.

    -Nick

    FMaddict wrote:

    > What odds would you have got on Liverpool being the only English team to win
    > in the first leg of the first knockout stage?
    >
    > Only saw Arsenal v Bayern, and they certainly didn't merit getting anything
    > from the game, but how did Chelsea and Man Utd play?

    I think Man Utd played just as good as Milan, but Milan`s got
    Crespo...and when Scholes misses a chance he would score on every week
    in the premiership, they can`t expect to win. I also think Brown played
    real well, but he had some technical players to face...:) Anyway,
    Schevchenko was out and he`s still out when they meet in italy, and if
    Man Utd keep playing like this they might make it. Rosenborg lost 1-0 at
    home to milan in 97 as well, and beat them 2-1 in Milan...and if they
    could do it, so can United..

    Sunhill

Games Video Games