Photo quality very blurry on my monitor - need to isolate ..

Hi,

I am using Windows XP home edition and I have a Samsung "SyncMaster 151v"
monitor.

Almost any pictures on my screen show up at least somewhat blurry, and
lacking the precision sharpness that I've normally experienced with all
online photos.

This only began to happen during the past week, and my interest is to
isolate the problem.

First inclination is to believe that it is the monitor itself, but without
knowing how to determine that for sure I am hesitant to make such a diagnosis.

My monitor data is as follows:

Samsung SyncMaster 151v
Type: Plug and Play Monitor
Color: True Color (32 Bit)
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Screen Saver: Active

Additional info: The words in all walks of internet travel remain
unaffected to the naked eye. Most pictures have slight blurriness and
significant loss/lack of sharpness.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

Right Click on desktop - Display Properties - Settings - Advanced - Monitor.

Change the refresh rate and see if that helps.

"markmydreams" <markmydreams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Windows XP home edition and I have a Samsung "SyncMaster 151v"
> monitor.
>
> Almost any pictures on my screen show up at least somewhat blurry, and
> lacking the precision sharpness that I've normally experienced with all
> online photos.
>
> This only began to happen during the past week, and my interest is to
> isolate the problem.
>
> First inclination is to believe that it is the monitor itself, but without
> knowing how to determine that for sure I am hesitant to make such a
> diagnosis.
>
> My monitor data is as follows:
>
> Samsung SyncMaster 151v
> Type: Plug and Play Monitor
> Color: True Color (32 Bit)
> Resolution: 1024 x 768
> Screen Saver: Active
>

> Additional info: The words in all walks of internet travel remain
> unaffected to the naked eye. Most pictures have slight blurriness and
> significant loss/lack of sharpness.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Thank you!

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

If you use web accelerator software disable it. It works by reducing
image size for downloads.

--
The most overlooked advantage to owning a computer is that if they
foul up there's no law against wacking them around a little.