Excel7 or 95 in XP VBA initialization failure

plainolguy

I`m asking my question here because the question button won`t open a window
to type in . How do I get my ancient Excel to work on XP? When I open it
the program says it "failed to initilize VBA libraries" How do I get these
libraries and put them on my machine so that Excel will have them when needed?
Thannnnnnnnnk You, Plain

I believe you need Excel 97 or higher for WinXP, Excel 95 is of the on Win95
days, and most Win95 software is "NOT" compatible with WinXP.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"plainolguy" <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I`m asking my question here because the question button won`t open a
> window
> to type in . How do I get my ancient Excel to work on XP? When I open it
> the program says it "failed to initilize VBA libraries" How do I get
> these
> libraries and put them on my machine so that Excel will have them when
> needed?
> Thannnnnnnnnk You, Plain

plainolguy

I think this one may be compatible as it works fine as far as I can tell but
I would like to the the VBA libraries in if that will give me more
flexibility with the program and I would also like to start learning about
VBA.
Thanks, Plain

"Star Fleet Admiral Q" wrote:

> I believe you need Excel 97 or higher for WinXP, Excel 95 is of the on Win95
> days, and most Win95 software is "NOT" compatible with WinXP.
>
> --
>
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
>
> http://www.google.com
> Google is your "Friend"
>
> "plainolguy" <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I`m asking my question here because the question button won`t open a
> > window
> > to type in . How do I get my ancient Excel to work on XP? When I open it
> > the program says it "failed to initilize VBA libraries" How do I get
> > these
> > libraries and put them on my machine so that Excel will have them when
> > needed?
> > Thannnnnnnnnk You, Plain

TRENDING THREADS