How to expand Wi Fi Network

I am currently using a MN 710 as my wireless base router. The router is
installed down in the basement where my home office is. The unit works fine
down there, but the signal is poor up stairs.

My question is, can I install another MN 710 up stairs connected to the
first router via a ethernet cable to increase the range of my network?

Thanks
Mark

You probably actually have an MN-700 base station with an MN-710 adapter on
your computer. :cool: You could expand the LAN by adding another MN-700,
however that would need to be wired to the existing base station. It will
not serve as a true access point (receiving and sending, wirelessly). You
may want to look into other product brands for something like that.

MVP Barb Bowman has several very helpful articles on the Expert Zone about
setting up variations of networks in the home environment:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/columns/archive.mspx
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC