How do you take a screen shot without downloading from the..

I am working on a project and need to know how to do a screen shot, but i
cant download anything.
5 answers Last reply
More about screen shot downloading

    As my Print Scrn button never worked I downloaded "Purrint" from PC World,
    works great.
    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,23220,00.asp

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada

    Bryan wrote:
    > I am working on a project and need to know how to do a screen shot, but i
    > cant download anything.

    Just pres the key on your keyboard that says 'print screen', it's
    situated above your 'insert'-key.
    When you press it, you take a screenshot of your whole screen, when you
    hold alt while pressing it, you take a screenshot of the active window only.
    The screenshot is then placed on the clipboard, you can paste it in
    Word, Painter, ...

    KrB

    Bryan wrote:
    > I am working on a project and need to know how to do a screen shot, but i
    > cant download anything.

    Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
    clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
    the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the screen capture, open a
    graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will
    paste the contents of the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open
    file, and allow you to view it or save it as a file for later use.

    How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Another option is to use SnagIt.
    That way you can copy the whole page or just the portion of the page you're
    interested in.
    I've personally elected the Prt Scr key under options and couldn't do
    without that program.
    http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/

    --

    johnf

    >I am working on a project and need to know how to do a screen shot, but i
    > cant download anything.

    "=?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=" wrote in
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
    >I am working on a project and need to know how to do a screen shot, but i
    >cant download anything.

    I assume you mean you can't _save_ anything. (I don't know why
    thaty should be true, but I'll pass that. :-)

    Alt + PrtSc will capture the current window, PrtSc without Alt will
    capture the entire screen. Either way, go to your favorite image
    program or MS Word and do Edit... Paste.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Support Microsoft Windows XP