Installing XP Home WMP10

I recently purchased XP and the Media Player did not work. Reinstalling XP
did not help. I downloaded WMP10 from Microsoft and it refuses to finish the
installation. I tried installing WMP9 with same unfinished installation
result.

WinXP Home Edition/SP2
Pentium 4 2.0gig
Onboard AGP
System works great except for WMP

Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about installing home wmp10

    Alex, if you originally did a Upgrade Now do a Clean Install Check
    here

    "AlexGwhiz" <AlexGwhiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased XP and the Media Player did not work. Reinstalling XP
    > did not help. I downloaded WMP10 from Microsoft and it refuses to finish
    > the
    > installation. I tried installing WMP9 with same unfinished installation
    > result.
    >
    > WinXP Home Edition/SP2
    > Pentium 4 2.0gig
    > Onboard AGP