ATTN Adventure Gamers: Monkey Island is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
HHHHHHHHHH

*breathing heavily*

Please tell me this isn't a joke, if you're messing with me, I'm going into a murderous rage.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Seriously, looks like a flash game...If you're remaking something, make it modern.[/citation]
I would disagree, it maybe in a vector format though, which would be smart if you want to support all resolutions (so in the future, you could play at resolutions much greater than what we have now, and it would still work great).

G

This has actually taken them much longer to get to than it should have. This was revealed much earlier in the week, possibly even monday, but definately tuesday.

Master Exon

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]Remaking a classic - Good.Doing a horrid job - Bad.Seriously, looks like a flash game...If you're remaking something, make it modern.[/citation]
What flash games are you playing? I want to play these flash games with GC/xbox/Wii level graphics.

mook33

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
i'm very. very. excited about this. consoles like the wii -- and now the upcoming "control schemes" for consoles really give adventure gaming an opportunity to become a pop-culture thing.

G

Finally!!!!
But will they answer the most important question??

You know... How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :D :D :D

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I thought LucasArts has dropped the PC platform when they chose release that recent Star Wars game solely on the consoles.

I loved the original Monkey Island game, I had it on the Amgia 1200 and I got to enjoy full 16 bit colour and an uncompromised music track. And since I big fan of the series I will be buying this game and the remake.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... nice to see a classic reanimated... more stuff like that would be nice... the refresh version of first five NFS, many games from Bullfrog, like Dungeon Keeper... games like Descent... Urban Asult from Microsoft, a mix of RTS and FPS... RoadRage?

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Master Exon[/nom]What flash games are you playing? I want to play these flash games with GC/xbox/Wii level graphics.[/citation]

www.quakelive.com

NoShot

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
@ dravis12

How appropriate, you fight like a cow.

Horribly cheesy insult sword fighting; now that's classic adventure gaming.

mook33

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
We all need to be sure to pick up this game; I'm guessing this re-release will be closely watched by major studios, including LucasArts, to see if the adventure gaming market is still a valid one.

-unknown-

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I didn't realize they were also making a new Monkey Island, I thought it was just a re-make of the original which I wasn't that excited since I already played it, but definitely excited about the new one. Its too bad they're not releasing a disc based version of the game I can put next to my "Escape from MI" but I'll be definitely getting it for PC.

Its also very heartening to know that there are so many MI lovers out there such as myself. I feel very alone in my love for these games sometimes.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
While I do look forward to playing it. I do fear that it may not be successful. Younger gamers today seem to care more about graphics than anything so I doubt it will appeal to them. Plus piracy is going to be a big issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.