Registry Recovery Troubles

I've recently had to replace my hard drive. After reloading my Windows XP
Home Dell reinstallation CD which includes Service Pack 1, I loaded Service
Pack 2. I'm now on my third try. After the first two tries, my PC would lock
up during boot up. I suspect it might be related to the dialog box that
starts appearing after SP2 is loaded. The box contains the following
message:

Title: Windows Registry Recovery. Message: One of the files containing the
system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate
copy. The recovery was successful. This try, I've pressed F8 and tried to
get a bootlog so that I could possibly see which file was hanging up & had
to be repaired. When I search for the bootlog file (I search for *bootlog.*)
I can't find anything. Am I looking for the right file? Any help in fixing
this problem would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about registry recovery troubles

    Bob, I would format the new drive and start over with a clean Install of
    XP.

    "Bob Swieciki" <Swieciki@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > I've recently had to replace my hard drive. After reloading my Windows XP
    > Home Dell reinstallation CD which includes Service Pack 1, I loaded
    > Service Pack 2. I'm now on my third try. After the first two tries, my PC
    > would lock up during boot up. I suspect it might be related to the dialog
    > box that starts appearing after SP2 is loaded. The box contains the
    > following message:
    >
    > Title: Windows Registry Recovery. Message: One of the files containing the
    > system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate
    > copy. The recovery was successful. This try, I've pressed F8 and tried to
    > get a bootlog so that I could possibly see which file was hanging up & had
    > to be repaired. When I search for the bootlog file (I search for
    > *bootlog.*) I can't find anything. Am I looking for the right file? Any
    > help in fixing this problem would be appreciated.

Data Recovery Registry Windows XP