Registry Recovery Troubles

April 22, 2005 12:26:36 PM

I've recently had to replace my hard drive. After reloading my Windows XP
Home Dell reinstallation CD which includes Service Pack 1, I loaded Service
Pack 2. I'm now on my third try. After the first two tries, my PC would lock
up during boot up. I suspect it might be related to the dialog box that
starts appearing after SP2 is loaded. The box contains the following
message:

Title: Windows Registry Recovery. Message: One of the files containing the
system's Registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate
copy. The recovery was successful. This try, I've pressed F8 and tried to
get a bootlog so that I could possibly see which file was hanging up & had
to be repaired. When I search for the bootlog file (I search for *bootlog.*)
I can't find anything. Am I looking for the right file? Any help in fixing
this problem would be appreciated.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:59:45 PM

Bob, I would format the new drive and start over with a clean Install of
XP.

news:o TThHazRFHA.3560@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!