Can I Record Video with this?

GreenGoblin

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=FX5900XT-VTD128&class=vga

Its the MSI geforce fx 5900xt, it says that it has a video-in :"Integrated NTSC/PAL TV encoder supporting resolutions up to 1024x768 without the need for panning with builtin Macrovision copy protection"

Can I record video stuff with this card???

And another question: If it can record vidoe, Can I directly record whats happening on my pc, like a gameplay of some game?
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by greengoblin on 04/25/04 03:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Yes, and sorta.

First yes, all video in will give you something with which to record some type of video. Now it depends on your source matching (likely will) and the software you use to record with (nV will probably provide something from their basic cinema series' collection).

Second, no this will not help you caputre activity on your rig, however there are many other programs to do that. Things like FRAPs, etc. Depends on what you are trying to record, understand that the image from your computer is fairly high res usually. You might be able to hook your video-out to another computer's video-in, or vice-versa, but that's a very inellegant solution IMO.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: