cannot delete file???

i downloaded the setup file from a game called survival project .. when i
double click it.. a black screen someone like ms dos appear and closes by
itself.. now when i try to delete it .. it says " cannot delete SPSetupv1.00:
It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might
be using the file and try agian"

I have even try using safe mode to delete the file but it dosent work =/

the admin there said that this is a mircrosoft windows problem... can anyone
help me?
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot delete file

    Hi

    Have you tried deleting the file from a command prompt?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Rachel" <chirstin_ng@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >i downloaded the setup file from a game called survival project .. when i
    > double click it.. a black screen someone like ms dos appear and closes by
    > itself.. now when i try to delete it .. it says " cannot delete
    > SPSetupv1.00:
    > It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that
    > might
    > be using the file and try agian"
    >
    > I have even try using safe mode to delete the file but it dosent work =/
    >
    > the admin there said that this is a mircrosoft windows problem... can
    > anyone
    > help me?

    I agree with Will, use command prompt.
    > Hi
    >
    > Have you tried deleting the file from a command prompt?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Rachel" <chirstin_ng@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>i downloaded the setup file from a game called survival project .. when i
    >> double click it.. a black screen someone like ms dos appear and closes
    >> by
    >> itself.. now when i try to delete it .. it says " cannot delete
    >> SPSetupv1.00:
    >> It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that
    >> might
    >> be using the file and try agian"
    >>
    >> I have even try using safe mode to delete the file but it dosent work =/
    >>
    >> the admin there said that this is a mircrosoft windows problem... can
    >> anyone
    >> help me?

    hmmm =/ dunno how do that.. well thanks for the help .. it seems that
    suddenly it was able to be deleted.. i have no idea why .. thanks for the
    answers. i really appreciate it

Support Microsoft Windows XP