Pages Don't Fit Width

April 22, 2005 1:56:02 PM

I recently had XP Home installed at my local computer shop. Some web pages
are too wide they run off the right side. Some fit fine. For example MSN is
too wide. My MSN fits just fine. How can I resolve the problem so I don't
have to keep scrolling back and forth.

More about : pages fit width

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:53:42 PM

Try increasing the Resolution to higher value. Rt click on
Desktop>choose Properties>Settings>Under Screen Resolution
move the Slider to the right. Try 1024x768 or next highest value.
Click on Apply Ok.
"winterman" <winterman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 031184D-E207-4587-90BF-CB0248786364@microsoft.com...
>I recently had XP Home installed at my local computer shop. Some web pages
> are too wide they run off the right side. Some fit fine. For example MSN
> is
> too wide. My MSN fits just fine. How can I resolve the problem so I
> don't
> have to keep scrolling back and forth.
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:45:49 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?d2ludGVybWFu?=" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
>I recently had XP Home installed at my local computer shop. Some web pages
>are too wide they run off the right side. Some fit fine. For example MSN is
>too wide. My MSN fits just fine. How can I resolve the problem so I don't
>have to keep scrolling back and forth.

Get the clueless Web authors to fix their Web pages.

No, that's not flippant. An awful lot of pages have fixed widths in
pixel, which is extremely bad design, and many "Web page editors"
perpetuate that.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
!