XP Pro VPN not showing shared resources...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I have set up an XP Pro machine as a VPN server at my office, and I have
allowed port 1723 through the firewall to this machine.

I can connect and authenticate on the remote network with no problem. But,
I cannot see any other machines on the network or any of the shared
resources.

I have disabled Microsoft's firewall to make sure it is not the culprit.

Any ideas?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Jim are you a doctor?
Tom

"Jim Hubbard" wrote:

> I have set up an XP Pro machine as a VPN server at my office, and I have
> allowed port 1723 through the firewall to this machine.
>
> I can connect and authenticate on the remote network with no problem. But,
> I cannot see any other machines on the network or any of the shared
> resources.
>
> I have disabled Microsoft's firewall to make sure it is not the culprit.
>
> Any ideas?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

No.