Help!! I've lost my "My Docoments" folder

Windows xp was playing up ion my pc, so I reinstalled windows. But doing so,
I think it deleted everything in the old windows. But now I have lost
everything I had in "my documents"!!!
I have gone to c:\documents and settings and nothing is there.
I haven't formatted my hard drive, so they must be somewhere?????? right???
Is there any possible way to reverse what I have done or find my old
documents???? They conatain all my work, music, photos etc.
I'm copmpletely gutted!
Please can anybody help???

Regards Neil

Just restore your files from your backup. You *do* have a backup, right?
Lesson learned the hard way.

"Neilianos69@aol.com" <Neilianos69@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:423C0439-71BA-462F-88C0-6BB0E8B5CE9B@microsoft.com...
> Windows xp was playing up ion my pc, so I reinstalled windows. But doing
> so,
> I think it deleted everything in the old windows. But now I have lost
> everything I had in "my documents"!!!
> I have gone to c:\documents and settings and nothing is there.
> I haven't formatted my hard drive, so they must be somewhere??????
> right???
> Is there any possible way to reverse what I have done or find my old
> documents???? They conatain all my work, music, photos etc.
> I'm copmpletely gutted!
> Please can anybody help???
>
> Regards Neil

Er..... No
Foolishly I thought It would just effect the windows directory.... Not my
precious bloody "my documents!"

"Jason Haynes" wrote:

> Just restore your files from your backup. You *do* have a backup, right?
> Lesson learned the hard way.
>
> "Neilianos69@aol.com" <Neilianos69@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:423C0439-71BA-462F-88C0-6BB0E8B5CE9B@microsoft.com...
> > Windows xp was playing up ion my pc, so I reinstalled windows. But doing
> > so,
> > I think it deleted everything in the old windows. But now I have lost
> > everything I had in "my documents"!!!
> > I have gone to c:\documents and settings and nothing is there.
> > I haven't formatted my hard drive, so they must be somewhere??????
> > right???
> > Is there any possible way to reverse what I have done or find my old
> > documents???? They conatain all my work, music, photos etc.
> > I'm copmpletely gutted!
> > Please can anybody help???
> >
> > Regards Neil

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/ ; if they really mean that much to you,
you'll pay for the software. it helped me out on more than one occasion.
hope this helps.

"Neilianos69@aol.com" <Neilianos69aolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4A8B0183-18AD-41A1-8FFE-E347FACFEE36@microsoft.com...
> Er..... No
> Foolishly I thought It would just effect the windows directory.... Not my
> precious bloody "my documents!"
>
> "Jason Haynes" wrote:
>
>> Just restore your files from your backup. You *do* have a backup, right?
>> Lesson learned the hard way.
>>
>> "Neilianos69@aol.com" <Neilianos69@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote
>> in message news:423C0439-71BA-462F-88C0-6BB0E8B5CE9B@microsoft.com...
>> > Windows xp was playing up ion my pc, so I reinstalled windows. But
>> > doing
>> > so,
>> > I think it deleted everything in the old windows. But now I have lost
>> > everything I had in "my documents"!!!
>> > I have gone to c:\documents and settings and nothing is there.
>> > I haven't formatted my hard drive, so they must be somewhere??????
>> > right???
>> > Is there any possible way to reverse what I have done or find my old
>> > documents???? They conatain all my work, music, photos etc.
>> > I'm copmpletely gutted!
>> > Please can anybody help???
>> >
>> > Regards Neil

pat

Expert

there is also some shareware software out there that might recover the
folder for you just enter undelete in your serch engine..

"Rome" <rome@nyruffryders.com> wrote in message
> http://www.recovermyfiles.com/ ; if they really mean that much to you,
> you'll pay for the software. it helped me out on more than one occasion.
> hope this helps.
>

> "Neilianos69@aol.com" <Neilianos69aolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message news:4A8B0183-18AD-41A1-8FFE-E347FACFEE36@microsoft.com...
>> Er..... No
>> Foolishly I thought It would just effect the windows directory.... Not my
>> precious bloody "my documents!"
>>
>> "Jason Haynes" wrote:
>>
>>> Just restore your files from your backup. You *do* have a backup, right?
>>> Lesson learned the hard way.
>>>
>>> "Neilianos69@aol.com" <Neilianos69@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com>
>>> wrote
>>> in message news:423C0439-71BA-462F-88C0-6BB0E8B5CE9B@microsoft.com...

In news:423C0439-71BA-462F-88C0-6BB0E8B5CE9B@microsoft.com,
Neilianos69@aol.com <Neilianos69@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> did some
thinking and came up with these words:
> Windows xp was playing up ion my pc, so I reinstalled windows. But
> doing so, I think it deleted everything in the old windows. But now I
> have lost everything I had in "my documents"!!!
> I have gone to c:\documents and settings and nothing is there.
> I haven't formatted my hard drive, so they must be somewhere??????
> right??? Is there any possible way to reverse what I have done or
> find my old documents???? They conatain all my work, music, photos
> etc.
> I'm copmpletely gutted!
> Please can anybody help???
>
> Regards Neil

Do a search for *.MP3, *.WMA or any other files you think you had and see
where they are sitting now.

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert