Windows XP Pro - Slowness Off Domain

peter

Windows XP Pro SP2. Netbios enabled for one network application. When the PC
boots up on a home wired network, Internet Explorer opens very very slow. If
I disable "TCP/IP Netbios Helper" service, everything is good. Once IE is
open, everything is OK. When a new window is opened, however, it can take
10-15 seconds. Any ideas?

You should ask in the microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web where general
networking issues are handled. This newsgroup supports Microsoft Broadband
Networking hardware and software only.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC