Virus help

I have Windows ME on my home computer. I got a virus and for some
reason, I cannot access Internet Explorer anymore. I can boot up just
fine and I can use the AOL full software (with no web surfing) and
Yahoo messenger with no problem. Also, all my MS Office SW works great.
However, I cannot access AIM. The big problem is Internet Explorer no
longer works for me. I tried installing another browser but when I
began installing it, it says that I do not have access to install
software on the computer and I need to contact the administrator. I
noticed that when I start up I get an error code saying that there are
insufficient resources to log me on using my user profile. So it logs
me on as a default user, which seems to have no privileges. However,
if I press CTRL-ALT-DEL, it shows me logged in on my user name. I need
to be able to log in as an administrator and also be able to access my
regular user privileges. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help me?
:confused:

--
LynneF

This is just a shot in the dark, but have you checked your browser settings?