XP Silver Theme bug?

In 2 separate applications that I use (one is HP Printer software) I am
required to enter data into some fields in a dialog box. However, if the XP
Silver Theme is used the field's background color is black and so is the
text! Switching to either the default 'blue' theme or the Olive Green theme
always results in white background color and black text and therefore
readable. Verified this on 3 different computers. This particular setting for
the field background color is not one that a user can change using the
display properties/appearance/advanced options. Is this a known bug and is
there a fix for this? Using XP Home and Pro with SP1.
2 answers Last reply
More about silver theme

    Not a bug in Silver to my knowledge. I have used this on 3 PCs for a few
    years and never had 'your' problem.

    This may 'fix' your system:

    Rignht click on your desktop, choose properties.
    In the display porperties Window, click on appearance tab.
    CLick on advanced button and scroll down the list of items and reset your
    colours manually.

    "S Wehner" wrote:

    > In 2 separate applications that I use (one is HP Printer software) I am
    > required to enter data into some fields in a dialog box. However, if the XP
    > Silver Theme is used the field's background color is black and so is the
    > text! Switching to either the default 'blue' theme or the Olive Green theme
    > always results in white background color and black text and therefore
    > readable. Verified this on 3 different computers. This particular setting for
    > the field background color is not one that a user can change using the
    > display properties/appearance/advanced options. Is this a known bug and is
    > there a fix for this? Using XP Home and Pro with SP1.

    Been there, done that. There is no option on that Advanced tab to fix that
    particular issue. And I will re-iterate that this 'bug' does not appear with
    most applications. Only some (HP 1350 copier software is one).
    steve

    "BAR" wrote:

    > Not a bug in Silver to my knowledge. I have used this on 3 PCs for a few
    > years and never had 'your' problem.
    >
    > This may 'fix' your system:
    >
    > Rignht click on your desktop, choose properties.
    > In the display porperties Window, click on appearance tab.
    > CLick on advanced button and scroll down the list of items and reset your
    > colours manually.
    >

    > "S Wehner" wrote:
    >
    > > In 2 separate applications that I use (one is HP Printer software) I am
    > > required to enter data into some fields in a dialog box. However, if the XP
    > > Silver Theme is used the field's background color is black and so is the
    > > text! Switching to either the default 'blue' theme or the Olive Green theme
    > > always results in white background color and black text and therefore
    > > readable. Verified this on 3 different computers. This particular setting for
    > > the field background color is not one that a user can change using the
    > > display properties/appearance/advanced options. Is this a known bug and is
    > > there a fix for this? Using XP Home and Pro with SP1.

Silver Windows XP