I remember there was a setting where you could tell globally what helper
program to use when you open a file (I.E. Midi file extension). I know you
can right click on a midi file and say 'open with' but I want to make a
setting that says globally open *.mid with a certain Midi player? I've
looked all over for the applet in the control panel and can't seem to find
it.

--
Rusty Shackleford

'What ever happens, happens necessarily'

mhaefner@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net

Remove NOSPAM from E-mail address to reply.

Fitz

Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types

"Rusty Shackleford" <johndoe@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I remember there was a setting where you could tell globally what helper
>program to use when you open a file (I.E. Midi file extension). I know you
>can right click on a midi file and say 'open with' but I want to make a
>setting that says globally open *.mid with a certain Midi player? I've
>looked all over for the applet in the control panel and can't seem to find
>it.
>
> --
> Rusty Shackleford
>
> 'What ever happens, happens necessarily'
>
> mhaefner@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net
>
> Remove NOSPAM from E-mail address to reply.

How to change file associations in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307859
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User