Jpeg Images

Lady

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004

HELP!!
I'm not sure I'm in the right place, so please bare with me...This is my
dilema!!

When ever I right click in am image (i.e. poster) and select the save as
prompt. I'm unable to save as a jpeg image. The only options that are
avaiable are: ART [*.art] and Bitmap[*.bmp] The save as jpeg option does not
appear. How can I fix this problem. I've tried a system recovery at the
advice of my tech support. Needless to say this did not solve the problem!!
and they then recommended that I come to this site.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!

Kel

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004

You could save them as a .bmp, open them in paint and then save as a .jpg

Are you using AOL? If so, go to settings / internet options / and make
sure the 'never compress graphics' setting is checked. Then, clear the
browser cache, or use 'reload' to reload the page you need. The
options for .jpg should now be there when you right click.

"Lady" <Lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When ever I right click in am image (i.e. poster) and select the save as
>prompt. I'm unable to save as a jpeg image. The only options that are
>avaiable are: ART [*.art] and Bitmap[*.bmp]

map

"Lady" wrote:

> HELP!!
> I'm not sure I'm in the right place, so please bare with me...This is my
> dilema!!
>
> When ever I right click in am image (i.e. poster) and select the save as
> prompt. I'm unable to save as a jpeg image. The only options that are
> avaiable are: ART [*.art] and Bitmap[*.bmp] The save as jpeg option does not
> appear. How can I fix this problem. I've tried a system recovery at the
> advice of my tech support. Needless to say this did not solve the problem!!
> and they then recommended that I come to this site.
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!

Delete the contents of your tempory internet file (TIF)

This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

1. Start Internet Explorer
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx

Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User