Jpeg Images

HELP!!
I'm not sure I'm in the right place, so please bare with me...This is my
dilema!!

When ever I right click in am image (i.e. poster) and select the save as
prompt. I'm unable to save as a jpeg image. The only options that are
avaiable are: ART and Bitmap The save as jpeg option does not
appear. How can I fix this problem. I've tried a system recovery at the
advice of my tech support. Needless to say this did not solve the problem!!
and they then recommended that I come to this site.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!
4 answers Last reply
More about jpeg images

    You could save them as a .bmp, open them in paint and then save as a .jpg

    Are you using AOL? If so, go to settings / internet options / and make
    sure the 'never compress graphics' setting is checked. Then, clear the
    browser cache, or use 'reload' to reload the page you need. The
    options for .jpg should now be there when you right click.

    "Lady" wrote:

    > HELP!!
    > I'm not sure I'm in the right place, so please bare with me...This is my
    > dilema!!
    >
    > When ever I right click in am image (i.e. poster) and select the save as
    > prompt. I'm unable to save as a jpeg image. The only options that are
    > avaiable are: ART and Bitmap The save as jpeg option does not
    > appear. How can I fix this problem. I've tried a system recovery at the
    > advice of my tech support. Needless to say this did not solve the problem!!
    > and they then recommended that I come to this site.
    >
    > Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!

    Delete the contents of your tempory internet file (TIF)

    This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the General tab.
    4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    FAQ - Why can't I save .jpg, .gif or .png images in their original format
    in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupfaq.mspx

    Why IE will only let you save as BMP:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

    More on why ie will only let you save as bmp:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2004/10/29/249742.aspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Lady" <Lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > HELP!!
    > I'm not sure I'm in the right place, so please bare with me...This is my
    > dilema!!
    >
    > When ever I right click in am image (i.e. poster) and select the save as
    > prompt. I'm unable to save as a jpeg image. The only options that are
    > avaiable are: ART and Bitmap The save as jpeg option does
    > not
    > appear. How can I fix this problem. I've tried a system recovery at the
    > advice of my tech support. Needless to say this did not solve the
    > problem!!
    > and they then recommended that I come to this site.
    >
    > Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!

Support Microsoft System Recovery Windows XP