Alienware GTX 260m replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhx

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hi there!,

2 and a half years ago i bought an Alienware m17x with a single gtx 260M and now after experiencing some overheating troubles with Diablo 3 (i recently cleaned the heat sink and my GPU still gets over 100ºC while playing D3).

I also had some BSODs until i updated the drivers to the last version and no BSODs yet but my screen turned black two times:

- The first one wore off rapidly and the "your graphic card controlled stopped running but it recovered" message appeared.
- In the second one the screen just turned black and i had to turn my pc off since the original image didnt turn back.

So i was wondering if i could upgrade my gtx 260M but i don't know if I can. If so, is it quite expensive?. I do not want a high end graphic card since I just want a slight upgrade regarding graphics because the main aim of this upgrade is to finally put an end to all those problems i explained above.

Just to clear it up, my Alienware came from France since I am from Spain and it was the closest place i could buy Alienware from. So is there anywhere I could get myself informed if i could replace my graphic card in Spain?. I mean, do I need a specific model of the graphic card I want, made for Alienware?. Or, on the other hand, can i just purchase the graphic card i like and take my laptop and the graphic card i want to a shop that can replace it?.

Thank you very much in advance!.

Bhx

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hi guys. I really don't know what to do because i am also experiencing that my free disk space is constantly reducing. Yesterday I had 102GB of free space and after i started my computer today i noticed i just have 100GB.

I always use Ccleaner and i had a screenshot i took yesterday with a treesize scan when i had 102Gb of free space.

I compared it with another scan i did shortly after I noticed i had 2Gb less and the sum of all the folders that increased their space since the last time i saw it is less than 2 GB.

Thank you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.