Dell XPS temperature too hot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgergetsbored

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Hey, my laptop fan is ALWAYS going, makes a damn noise! Today I decided to check the temperature inside using a program called speedfan. I'm not doing anything high performance, I've actually only got this browser open, and a couple explorer windows. The results are shown below, the laptop is a dell xps 15, it has 6GB RAM, a i7 2670QM @ 2.2GHz, and 2GB Nvidea GT 540M graphics. I'm guessing this temperature is way above what it should be? Thanks for any help!

lappytemp.png

Those temps are rather toasty. I would consider disassembly and physical cleaning of the heat sink - perhaps even redo the TIM (thermal pads and thermal compound) while inside.
You may also want to consider the use of a cooling pad to help prevent thermal damage. If you have any high performance settings enabled, you may want to disable them for now.

burgergetsbored

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
yeah my old core 2 duo ran about 45 which I was happy with. But this?! It's near impossible to clear the dust out too cause you need to remove all the keyboard... and it's only 7 months old so can't be that dusty :S Not sure if it's windows just running sneaky things in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS