So..All queries reg. Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter will b..

I cannot 'believe' this!

This "adapter" is a pretty major problem! - It precedes 'many' major
application issues, and interfere's with network access/performance...

But, I am 'yet' to see a single solution, description, or even a descent
'alternative' method to handle this issue! - Each and 'every' post throughout
these boards have a 'single' cry for help, with no replies or follow-up.

Droids!? - Quite possibly!
3 answers Last reply
More about queries microsoft miniport adapter

    In news:A150730C-35BE-4EC6-B8B1-4B132D68A83C@microsoft.com,
    Joanne <Joanne@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I cannot 'believe' this!
    >
    > This "adapter" is a pretty major problem! - It precedes 'many' major
    > application issues, and interfere's with network access/performance...
    >
    > But, I am 'yet' to see a single solution, description, or even a
    > descent 'alternative' method to handle this issue! - Each and 'every'
    > post throughout these boards have a 'single' cry for help, with no
    > replies or follow-up.
    >
    > Droids!? - Quite possibly!

    We aren't Microsoft, we're end users just like you who try to help each
    other when we know the answer. I, for one, don't know the answer...

    Galen

    Is there a question hidden somewhere within this rant?

    The only issue I've run across referring to the Microsoft Tun
    Miniport Adapter were due to having IPv6 installed.
    Go into your Network Connections folder and right click on the
    icon for your LAN.
    Select Properties.
    Click Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 in the list of installed
    components, and then click Uninstall.

    --
    Nepatsfan

    "Nepatsfan" wrote:

    Is there a question hidden somewhere within this rant?.."

    Yes there was, with much frustration to boot.
    I apologize, but I have had to deal with these 'particular' strains,
    indigenous to Microsoft for 'years' now... I've tried 'everything' - and am
    frustrated that even after I get a whole new system... No matter 'what'
    protocols I take - I will be reformatting 'thrice' as much as actually
    getting any enjoyment or 'use' out of the 'P.C.'
    And, yes... btw. I am aware of the connection between IPv6 and the adapter -
    one out of many. I took that route - and found a new adapter installed, which
    I deleted.
    Did 'not' solve the problem... It will more than likely progress to
    headache-adapter #2...

Network Access Support Microsoft Windows XP