So..All queries reg. Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter will b..

April 22, 2005 11:44:02 PM

I cannot 'believe' this!

This "adapter" is a pretty major problem! - It precedes 'many' major
application issues, and interfere's with network access/performance...

But, I am 'yet' to see a single solution, description, or even a descent
'alternative' method to handle this issue! - Each and 'every' post throughout
these boards have a 'single' cry for help, with no replies or follow-up.

Droids!? - Quite possibly!
April 23, 2005 3:07:40 AM

In news:A150730C-35BE-4EC6-B8B1-4B132D68A83C@microsoft.com,
Joanne <Joanne@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I cannot 'believe' this!
>
> This "adapter" is a pretty major problem! - It precedes 'many' major
> application issues, and interfere's with network access/performance...
>
> But, I am 'yet' to see a single solution, description, or even a
> descent 'alternative' method to handle this issue! - Each and 'every'
> post throughout these boards have a 'single' cry for help, with no
> replies or follow-up.
>
> Droids!? - Quite possibly!

We aren't Microsoft, we're end users just like you who try to help each
other when we know the answer. I, for one, don't know the answer...

Galen
April 23, 2005 3:14:59 AM

Is there a question hidden somewhere within this rant?

The only issue I've run across referring to the Microsoft Tun
Miniport Adapter were due to having IPv6 installed.
Go into your Network Connections folder and right click on the
icon for your LAN.
Select Properties.
Click Microsoft TCP/IP version 6 in the list of installed
components, and then click Uninstall.

--
Nepatsfan
"Joanne" <Joanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot 'believe' this!
>
> This "adapter" is a pretty major problem! - It precedes 'many'
> major
> application issues, and interfere's with network
> access/performance...
>
> But, I am 'yet' to see a single solution, description, or even
> a descent
> 'alternative' method to handle this issue! - Each and 'every'
> post throughout
> these boards have a 'single' cry for help, with no replies or
> follow-up.
>
> Droids!? - Quite possibly!
April 23, 2005 3:15:00 AM

"Nepatsfan" wrote:

Is there a question hidden somewhere within this rant?.."

Yes there was, with much frustration to boot.
I apologize, but I have had to deal with these 'particular' strains,
indigenous to Microsoft for 'years' now... I've tried 'everything' - and am
frustrated that even after I get a whole new system... No matter 'what'
protocols I take - I will be reformatting 'thrice' as much as actually
getting any enjoyment or 'use' out of the 'P.C.'
And, yes... btw. I am aware of the connection between IPv6 and the adapter -
one out of many. I took that route - and found a new adapter installed, which
I deleted.
Did 'not' solve the problem... It will more than likely progress to
headache-adapter #2...
!