XP runs chkdsk on my logical D drive everytime it boots up

ak

I have a XP Pro (SP2) with a logical NTFS D drive. I cannot defrag this drive
because it keeps on giving the message :

Disk deframenter has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume:
DATA (D:) . Please run chkdsj /f

Even after executing these instructions perfectly, I keep on getting the
same message and XP will keep on doing a chkdsk at bootup although I did not
set it to do so.

Solution is much appreciated. Thank you.

The registry entry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute may have an entry for
'autocheck' which can be removed.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"AK" <AK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C71A252-75F5-4B40-9A2F-1C22DB4CBBF8@microsoft.com...
>I have a XP Pro (SP2) with a logical NTFS D drive. I cannot defrag this drive
> because it keeps on giving the message :
>
> Disk deframenter has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume:
> DATA (D:) . Please run chkdsj /f
>
> Even after executing these instructions perfectly, I keep on getting the
> same message and XP will keep on doing a chkdsk at bootup although I did not
> set it to do so.
>
> Solution is much appreciated. Thank you.

ak

Thanks Mark, your tip solved the recurring chkdsk problem.

However, my other problem still exist. I cannot defrag/analyze my D drive.
It keeps on giving me the same error message. Any ideas?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> The registry entry at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\BootExecute may have an entry for
> 'autocheck' which can be removed.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "AK" <AK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C71A252-75F5-4B40-9A2F-1C22DB4CBBF8@microsoft.com...
> >I have a XP Pro (SP2) with a logical NTFS D drive. I cannot defrag this drive
> > because it keeps on giving the message :
> >
> > Disk deframenter has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume:
> > DATA (D:) . Please run chkdsj /f
> >
> > Even after executing these instructions perfectly, I keep on getting the
> > same message and XP will keep on doing a chkdsk at bootup although I did not
> > set it to do so.
> >
> > Solution is much appreciated. Thank you.

I would turn off the screen saver, and set Virtual Memory to none, restart and chkdsk, then turn VM back on