TECH: Tron Glitchy Graphics

Hello, having a bit of a problem with TRON.

Game boots with 'glitchy' graphics. Everything looks fine, just the
sprites are screwy. For example there's always a grid bug wherever the
active sprite is. Thus when your selecting your stage, instead of a
ball or whatever you're a ball and a grid bug.

In the light car stage you're both cars while the second car is
invisible. In the tank stage you're a tank with a grid bug on top of it
and you fire tanks.

Game plays fine (well, as is) sounds fine, etc. I check all the SCSI
cables and connections. So i'd imagine this is some sort of a board
problem. Bad rom perhaps? Not sure, before i starting pulling roms i
thought i'd post and ask if anyone has encountered this before.

THANKS!

- numsix
- please email numsix (at) villagebbs (dot) com this email is fake.

Did you try pulling, cleaning, and re-seating all the chips? Never
hurts to try that first. I haven't experienced that particular problem.
On my Tron the images were only half there. half a light cyclem, half a
grid bug. Sometimes they would vanish and come back.

citznf...@gmail.com wrote:
> Did you try pulling, cleaning, and re-seating all the chips? Never
> hurts to try that first. I haven't experienced that particular
problem.
> On my Tron the images were only half there. half a light cyclem, half
> grid bug. Sometimes they would vanish and come back.

That's on my agenda for this evening. I swapped out the scsi cables
last night to pretty much put that possibility to rest. So i'll be
pulling the roms and cleaning/re-seating them as necessary tonight.

I was just wondering if this is a symptom of some other problem.
Anytime I remove the TRON pcb, i end up spending an hour checking for
lose wires as a result as something always manages to not seat right
afterwards.

Let me just add, that in all the PCBs i've dealt with I hate Tron the
most. What a mess.

= numsix
= http://www.villagebbs.com

The worst thing is when you put the 3 PCB's back together and you don't
pay attention and have them facing the wrong way, or flipped over the
wrong way! =P

citznfish@gmail.com wrote:
> The worst thing is when you put the 3 PCB's back together and you
don't
> pay attention and have them facing the wrong way, or flipped over the
> wrong way! =P

Yes.. and the fact that several of the harnesses will fit on several
places doesn't help either.

= numsix
= http://www.villagebbs.com